Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Can't schedule topup

SOLVED
leydar
Investigator

Can't schedule topup

I've tried with Chrome and Firefox. After I click [Create] on the Scheduled Top Up screen it just reloads the screen. There's no error message and the top up doesn't appear to be scheduled.

40 REPLIES 40

@araesparza, Oh no 😲 That's not what I like to hear. I'd love to help you with this, so let's get the ball rolling can you please pop us a PM with your name, number, full address and date of birth. Also can you please confirm when was the last time you tried to top up using your Revolut card? 

Hello Stacey,

Just tried to PM you with the info requested... I got an access denied message 🙄

"Access Denied
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
Click your browser's Back button to continue."

Also, tried topping up right now and nothing... Revolut card not working, it is my business card so I absolutely need to top up with that card... can you please help?

@araesparza Hey there, as the community is a public forum you'll need to increase your rank from 'NewMember' to send PMs. You can increase your rank by commenting on posts, creating new posts, kudos or liking comments. I can see that you're about to rank up so once you do log out & back into the Community & you'll be able to PM us directly. 

Hello, I have the same problem. I already had a scheduled top-up, but my credit card is expiring this month, so I deleted the old one and tried to add a new scheduled top-up with new credit card, but it doesn't work. Scheduled Top Up screen is just reloaded.

Hi @ser_1111 and welcome to 3Community 👋 Have you used the new card to top up through the instant top up on the website? Once you've topped up you'll then be able to set up a scheduled top-up. If you run into any difficulties pop back to me here & let me know.

Same happened to me. Apparently Three.ie no longer allow registration of N26 cards although there are over 200,000 of them in Ireland. Three would have me switch to an Irish bank but that's not going to happen. I've been with Three for years but I'd rather switch mobile phone service provider than switch bank.

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Erick Hi Eric, I've not heard of any changes to our top-up service that prevent our customers from using N26 to top-up or use it as part of the scheduled top-up. When did you last top-up using your N26 card? When you try to set up your scheduled top-up are you getting an error message or are you in a loopback like other members have mentioned here?

Hi Shane. If I do not log in to MyThree I can do an instant top up using N26. I just key in the card details every time I do it. What I can't do is register the card so I can't schedule my top ups. I get into a loop in that I go to the schedule top up screen, enter all my details including the scheduled top up required and my card details. When I click the Create / Confirm button I am returned to the schedule top up screen. No error message is displayed, the top up is not scheduled and my card is not registered. I was advised by customer service in July that it was because I was using a foreign card. My wife has the same problem; she is also with Three and N26. I registered my previous N26 card about two years ago but it was cancelled earlier this year because I was a victim of fraudulent use on the internet - nothing to do with Three.

@Erick Thanks for the details, Eric. The next time you're due to top-up instead of using the instant top-up section can you follow the below steps? The reason for the loop is that the card you're trying to register hasn't been used inside your My3 account to top-up so the system cannot complete the scheduled top-up. Once you've done a single top-up through your My3 account you'll be good to go. 

From the dashboard go to TOP UP
Enter your personal details & click continue (When you're entering your address, can you ensure not to input it all into the same field)
Choose Instant Top Up & do a manual initial top-up. At this point please note that you will need to use the same card you had previously used on the automated system 1913.
If that top-up is successful, you will then be able to set a scheduled top-up using that same card.

If you run into any difficulties pop back to me here & I'll be happy to help. 

I have not used the automated system in 1913 before so I have done that now. Next month I'll do the manual top-up through MyThree then a month later I'll do a scheduled to-up so we won't know if this worked until 13th December. This procedure, if it works, means that whenever I get a new card it will take 2-3 months to re-establish the scheduled top-ups!