Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Enable 5G on Motorola Moto G 5G Plus

SOLVED
David_05587

Enable 5G on Motorola Moto G 5G Plus

Hello,

I am currently on a 5g plan with a Samsung A52s.  My partner wishes to use this phone so I bought a second-hand Motorola Moto G 5G Plus.  However when I put my sim in it (which has the 5g phone/data plan), it comes up with 4g.  I can change the network type in the settings to 4g, 3g, 2g but there is no option for 5g.  This is definitely a 5g phone, so whats wrong?  I'm running the latest os with no updates available, Android 11 security patch: 1 February 2021.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@David_05587 Hi David, If there's no option for switching to 5G on the Motorola phone it could mean that it's a non-5G version. As you bought it second-hand I won't be able to check the details of the phone to see if it's 5G ready, I would suggest contacting whoever you bought the phone from to confirm if it's 5G ready.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@David_05587 Hi David, If there's no option for switching to 5G on the Motorola phone it could mean that it's a non-5G version. As you bought it second-hand I won't be able to check the details of the phone to see if it's 5G ready, I would suggest contacting whoever you bought the phone from to confirm if it's 5G ready.