Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Engaged tone , no incoming calls while roaming

Mark_02052
Investigator

Engaged tone , no incoming calls while roaming

Anyone else had this problem. Roaming in UK for two weeks and have become aware that nobody can phone me, all getting engaged tone. Outgoing calls, data and messaging seem to be working. Reset all settings on phone, sim out and back in again, tried sim in another phone, all to no avail. Strangely it’s a constant engaged tone, no message to say unreachable and no notifications of missed calls and no option to leave voicemails. Will probably leave 3 after this disastrous service. It’s now affecting me financially.

8 REPLIES 8
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi there @Mark_02052 welcome to 3Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been experiencing but I'd be happy to investigate this for you. To do this I'll need a little more info, like have you contacted Customer Care about this? If you have and this has already been raised to our technical team I'd be happy to check on it for progress, please PM us your name, number, full address and date of birth. 

If you haven't been in contact with care please let me know if you're still roaming,  the make and model of your phone, when you noticed that you're not receiving calls. Please also let me know which network you are roaming on and if you have tried any other networks available.

I’ve tried customer service who are investigating it. Meanwhile I receive no incoming calls. Tried selecting other phone providers here other than the automatically selected, to no avail. 
Checked 3’s website, Jersey is place covered by roaming, and incoming calls are free. My plan gives me unlimited voice and sms within the EU and UK.

ive roamed here before without a problem, this is a serious failing and should have been rectified immediately, however I’m left without a phone service , unless I ring every contact on my phone and ask them to WhatsApp me.

very poor. I was previously happy with 3 but this is a disgrace.

and yes, I’ve reset the phone, turned off “do not disturb “ took out and reinserted sim, tried sim in another unlocked phone. Also went to Apple customer care for advice.

awaiting results of 3 customer care investigation. Meanwhile the days pass with no resolution. Anyone ringing just gets an engaged tone, no message minder. If this was 1990 it would be acceptable, but it’s 2024, and Jersey has one of the best coverage rates in the UK….

Thanks for all the details @Mark_02052 I'd be happy to take a look into this for you and check on the investigation. Please pop me a PM with your name, number, full address and date of birth so that I can pull up your account.

12th March, still unable to receive calls. Worst ever roaming experience. 

Hey @Mark_02052, I can see that you have popped through to us here on PM and we will continue to help you there. 

David_94679
Novice

Hi Mark, I'm experiencing the exact same issue in the last few days.

Hey @David_94679, Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I'd be happy to help you further with your query. Have you previously been roaming in this country and if so were you able to receive calls in this area? Also have you tried manually selecting the network and then attempting to receive the call in case it is an issue with the roaming network? Is just incoming calls currently affected?

Hi David,

thanks for adding to this thread. I’ve a record of about 30 emails to Three Ireland all telling me that there are no problems with my account and I should be able to roam in Jersey. The fact is, for 4 weeks, not one call received. I don’t think Three checked with the service providers in Jersey to see what the issue is. I’m considering contacting States of Jersey (government there) to alert the relevant departments to this issue as there is a huge amount of Irish involvement in the finance industry there, and this will cost people money. 
I see you’re getting the same response already from Three… have you checked your settings, turn off and on phone, remove sim etc. 
cut to the chase, Three did not sort the issue and are quite happy to tell you it’s something you’ve done wrong.

Ive been with Three for years and am normally very happy with the service provided. I’ve roamed successfully in Jersey last year and previous year. There’s an issue, whether it’s caused by the local providers or not, Three have not resolved it. 
I tried every fix, I’ve tried manually selecting service providers such as Airtel-Vodaphone, Sure, JT etc, even tried the French network which pings sometimes, no avail. 
as soon as I stopped over in Heathrow en route back to Dublin, I could once again receive calls.

theres an issue here, Three. 
(I’ll forward a link to this thread to States of Jersey).