Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Hotspot causing GPRS charges

leydar
Investigator

Hotspot causing GPRS charges

Hi

I set up the €15 plan and today tried to use my phone as a hotspot. There were recurring €6.06 GPRS charges that wiped out my entire balance. I still have 40% left on the data plan, should it not have used that?

three_gprs.png

13 REPLIES 13
MichaelMc
Novice

I am on prepay data with 30GB allowance. Why is the ‘service type’ GPRS data using up my allowance.

@MichaelMc Hi there. are you seeing that in My3? If so, it could be the breakdown of your allowance as it's being used. Are there any charges connected with this? 

Let me know 👍

I had the same problem in 2021, I barely made the top-up, and in just a few minutes my balance was at €0. At that moment I went to the Three stores and they couldn't explain why, so I decided to change company.

Yesterday, January 25, I wanted to give Three another chance, I charged €10 and barely used Google Maps because I had to travel outside Dublin. In just about 20 minutes using Google Maps my balance was €0 again, not to mention that I lost my way and had to ask for help to get back to Dublin.

I clarify that I do not have Hot Spot activated or use the phone for anything besides Google Maps.

AnCapture.JPGy solution?

Hey @blablablabla, Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I can see that you contacted us on a separate thread here and I have answered the query there for you.🙂