Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

International texting

Shonagh

International texting

Hi I have been trying to text UK numbers for the past week but there is an issue as messages aren't sending. Other 3 members have said the same thing. Can someone inform me of the issue?
23 REPLIES 23

Hi, I just tried again and I can text Irish numbers. But I can't send a text to a French number.

@Add_05027 thanks for that, can you tell me the balance on your prepay account please? International text are not included in Prepay allowances , so they are chargeable 25 cent per standard SMS. This means you need to have credit on your account to send an international text.

Hi @Three_Deborah - I'm on 3 Prepay 20, and it is active until Dec 16. Do you need an add on for international texts? I couldn't find details about this in my account.

@Add_05027 I'm guessing that you have a ZERO balance. You need to have credit on your account to send an international text. As mentioned above, a standard international SMS is not included in your allowance and as a result is chargeable. I've double-checked and there is no add-on for international texts.

Hi,  I;'m facing same problem....  I'm InIreland and Triyng send SMS to number in France... could you help me?

right now I have credits, mu allowaces  says that I  Have 3000 text remainig

Hi @walterfcarvalho the number your trying to text is it Irish or French? If it's Irish have you been able to text this number before?

If the number is French do you have enough credit (more than 8C) international texts are not included in our plans. Our 3 Prepay plans include texts that can be used in Ireland and while roaming. 

Hi, @Three_Stacey  in this case,  the phone was a Frech line, I tried from my irish number to there and did not work.  I did try send to a irish number and works fine.

Ahhh if it's a French number @walterfcarvalho you'll need to make sure that you have available credit unless you both have access to an internet-based messaging app like Whatsapp.

uhh, I did have credits,  my balance indicated that.  my plan its a prepay 20

@Three_Stacey  I realize now, fee for internacional texting is diferent from text to irish mobiles.  I top up extra value and  could send an international text,   Thank you.