Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Phone number has deactivated from lack of use

Gavin_mc

Phone number has deactivated from lack of use

Hi as the title suggests my number has deactivated due to lack of use, it's been about 7 months odd? I've tried topping up (didn't go through) and going through customer service (had some account issues that hasn't permitted me to respond, might be that my account is new etc).
5 REPLIES 5
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@Gavin_mc Hello 👋 There are two things you've highlighted here

1: You number isn't active any more.

So, I have to ask ... how do you know? Is it that you've tried making calls that won't connect? Have you tried sending a text to that number? Numbers can be deactivated due to no use in 6 months or no top-up. Usually you will receive a text to advise that the number will be deactivated. Have you gotten one of these?

2: You can't get through to customer care

This is a curious one, even if your number is deactivated, you should be able to call 1913 from another mobile and select calling about a different number and enter your prepay number. It's more or less the same for our web messaging team. Can you let me know what error you get?

Oh, I've moved your post over here to the Prepay board 👌

Hi, was there an answer to this? Will I always get a warning that my number will be deactivated? Thank you!

Hi @Add_15485 If your number is going to be deactivated due to nonusage you will receive a warning text, and if you wish to keep the number active you will need to top up.

Hi my number is also deactivated from lack of use, is there a way to check if I can get it back please? 

Hi @Add_52420 I have responded to your query over here on your other post.