Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Upgrade offers - missed out on a better deal

SOLVED
ainebainne

Upgrade offers - missed out on a better deal

Hi there,

I was out of contract and well overdue an upgrade. I have been with three for years. I am on 30e per month contract. Yesterday March 31st I asked through the online support what phones could I get for free on my 30e per month plan. I was told that this was an old plan but if I went onto the 35e per month plan I could get an iphone 11 for 149 euro and then given a 50e discount as a loyal customer so I paid 99e for the phone and am stuck on a 35e per month plan. Today I log in to see the status of my order and I see I could have gotten the iphone 11 for 3e and on a 30e a month contract on this months deals. I am beyond disappointed and feel conned really. I was advised to cancel my contract and then reorder a new contract to get the 3e deal. Who has time for that? Just feel really let down. More annoyed I was conned out of staying on my 30e per month deal considering they told me it was an 'old plan' yet today they have launched one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@ainebainne I'm so sorry that you feel that way. when you contacted us for an upgrade you were advised of the best deal at that time for existing customers. The offer you've mentioned is for NEW customers, meaning customer who move their number to Three, get a brand new number or moving from Prepay to Billpay. As for 3 Billpay 100 plan yes it was €30 a month, but now it's €35 a month. With the offer for new customers, that plan is discounted for the duration of the contract and there after, it's €35.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@ainebainne I'm so sorry that you feel that way. when you contacted us for an upgrade you were advised of the best deal at that time for existing customers. The offer you've mentioned is for NEW customers, meaning customer who move their number to Three, get a brand new number or moving from Prepay to Billpay. As for 3 Billpay 100 plan yes it was €30 a month, but now it's €35 a month. With the offer for new customers, that plan is discounted for the duration of the contract and there after, it's €35.