Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Voicemail charge on unlimited plan

SOLVED
Gorathon

Voicemail charge on unlimited plan

Hi I am on an unlimited data and calls plan for €20.
But when trying to call the voicemail service I get a message saying "This call cannot be continued as my account balance is too low..."

Please assit
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

Good morning @RonanB 171 ( voicemail) is considered a special number and that's why it's not included in the allowances you mentioned above. Did you know that our future development team takes a look at our suggestions board from time to time?  click here Might be an idea to post your feedback there too 🤔

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
RonanB
Investigator

I use the 3 prepay 20 plan which comes with 

Data (ROI): All You Can Eat
Data (EU): 11 GB

Three to Three calls: Unlimited
Minutes to other networks: 60
Texts: Unlimited
3Plus: Dive into a world of rewards
5G: +EUR5/28 days

But I cannot check my voicemail as I don't have credit and the voicemail doesn't count as Three or another network. How can I check my voicemails without changing the plan or adding a bonus?

@RonanB I've most your post over here as @Gorathon has a similar question 👍 Voicemail calls are charged at 15c per minute and are outside of your price plan benefits. You can check out the charges over here 👉 click here. For usage outside your plan benefits top-up by a little bit more when topping up to activate your plan 👌

Is there any prepay plan that covers voicemail?
I think thats a flaw in the plans that this basic feature isn't included even if it is limited to a certain number of minutes. Why can't it count as using up my 60min to other networks? Or as it's a 3 service, it should be covered by my unlimited 3 to 3 calls?

Good morning @RonanB 171 ( voicemail) is considered a special number and that's why it's not included in the allowances you mentioned above. Did you know that our future development team takes a look at our suggestions board from time to time?  click here Might be an idea to post your feedback there too 🤔

It's quite amazing that you have to pay extra just to listen to voicemail. Really something else

this is absurd- no other provider charges- and i definitely wouldn't have signed up if i knew this

RonanB
Investigator

Screenshot_20220228-184126__01.jpg

They have listened to our prayers 🙏

Ronan (or anyone else reading this), are you able to access your voicemail now for free? I have been in contact with 3 for months as I still cant access my VM. It's on their website that it's free and I got the same text as you did yet when I call 3 themselves no one seems to have a clue. Half of them say it should be free and the other half make me feel like I have lost my mind because they say it's a paid service and will offer no further help. I'v been referred to the 'technical team' more times than I can count on both hands and each time they say I can't access it because I have no credit (credit, in addition to the 20 I pay each month). Considering changing to 48, same network but nearly have the price. Apologies for the rant btw!

@Add_18969 Hi there, I've reached out to our prepay team now to get clarification regarding our voicemail service. As soon as they get back to me with an update I'll let you know.