Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Waiting on number to be ported for almost two weeks

d0nnell11
Investigator

Waiting on number to be ported for almost two weeks

Hi,

I am a new customer to Three. Before buying the new phone and SIM I requested my number to be ported over as well but there were issues with this and support told me to buy the phone and this could be done after I received the new phone and SIM card.

I received the new phone and SIM on April 29th and requested my number to be ported over. Again I was told there were issues and it would take 3-5 days to resolve. I checked again after 5 days and was told it was fixed but of course it was not. Again I was told to wait another 3-5 days.

So it is now almost two weeks and I am still having to use my old phone (still on my previous provider) to make and receive calls. I have contacted the online chat a number of times and they will not give me an update, I only get told to wait more days. I used twitter and was requested to send a DM which was completely ignored. And it's not possible to speak with a real person on 1913.

Please look into this 

@Three_Deborah @Three_Susan 

Eoin. 

6 REPLIES 6
Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

@d0nnell11 Hi there 👋 We're here to help. Can you tell me which network you're moving from and what sort of error are you getting when you try to port? 

Hi @Three_Deborah ,

I am moving from Vodafone. I have already provided details a number of times but nothing seems to have been done. I am able to receive the porting codes on my old and temporary number. However, when I click submit I then get told that the port was unsuccessful and to contact support. 

Eoin

@d0nnell11 Very strange indeed. Pop us a PM please with your full name, address, and date of birth. Will also need your temporary 3 number and your Vodafone number & account number ( just in case) 

Thanks, DM sent 

@Three_Deborah @LauraH @Three_Susan 

I have just gotten off the phone and have been told for the third that the issue was 'foxed' but in fact, it wasn't. And yet again I'm being told to wait '3 working days'. I have no faith in if this will be resolve in that timeframe.

Please look into this 

@d0nnell11 Hi there, I see that @LauraH is helping you in PM 👍 She'll get back to you there.