Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

57XXX Premium Rate SMS

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

57XXX Premium Rate SMS

Hi All,

If you have received a premium service text from 57XXX this is a subscription service from a third party company. Some members here have posted on different threads. Your Community Mods have moved these posts to this board. You will find members posting their outcomes from following the instructions on our 3MadeEasy blog on Premium Rate Services and other solutions.

For those of you wishing to dispute this subscription, contact help@pfi.me via email and include the short-code (5-digit code) specific with the service being charged for.

We have a premium service bar that we can add to your account. Before you decide to add this bar please visit our premium rate services blog here - Premium Rate Services FAQs  It outlines exactly what the bar means and what it affects. If you are still happy to have the bar added to your account you can contact us to request this.

You can contact us here on the Community by sending the Mods a PM #MeetTheMods. To find out all the ways you can contact Three πŸ‘‰click here

Your 3Community team.

90 REPLIES 90

Hi all,

We've been keeping an eye on this thread, it's not going unnoticed I promise. I assure you all that Three have not provided your details to any premium rate service companies. The 3rd party company can tell you how you became subscribed so if you haven't contacted them already I would certainly recommend you do that. In our #3MadeEasy board there is an excellent blog πŸ‘‰ click here. It tells you all about these services, how to unsubscribe, request a refund, and the results of applying a block on your account.

Your 3Community Mods are always happy to help you with specifics of your individual account. All you need to do is tag one of us or send a PM #MeetTheMods

@Robie  thanks so much for sharing your information and helping others on 3Community! That's what your Community is all about πŸ’ͺ The number you provided is in use however, it is chargeable. The best number is 1913 as it's free πŸ˜„ Have a look at our #3MadeEasy blog on how to contact Three πŸ‘‰ click here 

Helen you need to email that to whoever sent you the text messages. They offered me 7 and 12 euro refund don't accept this and repeat what you said never CONSENTED......... Only thing I didn't like was that they wanted bank details to refund. I gave my Revolut card so they couldn't get any money
JohnC
Investigator

Hello is anyone from Three out there????

I am getting lots of Kudos so I am not alone. How can I be scammed on Three's service and somehow it is my problem to solve?

I was charged for 8 premium texts about  vfit.guru.  I know nothing about them. Never asked for anything from them and never got anything except the bill. 

This is robbery. 

RC
Investigator
Investigator

Yes 8 seems to be the magic number doesn't. (Not 3 funnily enough!!!!) 8 texts generated from my phone at 9.20 a.m. on a bank holiday Monday when I was still asleep. Imagine if the shysters actually put the amazing technology to good use. I agree with all the previous posts. This is theft, pure and simple. And why do Three and ComReg allow it to go on and on?? Is it not the equivalent of handing my purse to a robber for them to take the 20 quid out of it. And here is a phone company who could send out regular texts to all its  customers to warn them of how this scam works, the same way AIB warn their customers of potential scams. Three have absolutely refused to answer me why they won't/ can't do this. Yes. Where did the scammers get my phone number from in he first place? 

RC
Investigator
Investigator

Yes John. Keep it coming. Eventually we will reach a tipping point as per Malcolm Gladwell and we may actually stand up and be counted. Since discovering this yesterday 3 people of my acquaintance have been subjected to the same theft. Ah well there's some symmetry after all.........3=three

JohnC
Investigator

If there is anyone out there from Three and they somehow know nothing about the vfit.guru scam please Google vfit.guru.  Lots and lots of scam reports come up first on the list. How can this be tolerated? How can it be so difficult for customers to get justice? I am retired, in my sixties and I am not looking for a personal trainer, nor personally tailored diets nor anything else from this company. I just want the scam reversed!

VJ75
Novice

This has happened to me twice! First, to my own number, and recently to my underage daughter's number. 57€ in unsollicited texts!! When it happened to me, I contacted Three for a refund,but they referredme to the companies that sent the texts. I contacted the companies, and they referred me to Three for a refund. Infuriating!! This is theft and I don't get how this is allowed and Comreg doesn't step in! I had the premium texts (= scam numbers) blocked, but no chance of getting a refund. Disgusting, Three! 

PM1
Investigator
Investigator

@Anonymous @Ashling @LauraH 

Something serious and proper needs to be done about this. 

To know this is an issue and just send a generic copy and paste message that β€˜Premium numbers are legal and it is up to the customer to block them’ is risible and complacent at best.

This has been happening to people for at least 3 years from threads online and this is still the response from Three?? What are Three gaining from this? 10/20% of the Premium number charge? 

If Three are able to direct me to an email of a company that buys and sells peoples’ information to sort this issue out, then they know very well what is happening.

If a random and offshore company purchase my number illegally without permission and in direct violation of GDPR then that is abhorrent, wrong and deceitful.

This can easily go further based on GDPR alone.

RC
Investigator
Investigator

We need to get a petition going to get the law changed so that ComReg and phone providers have to do more than provide tel numbers and email addresses so that we can get our money back. It should be ILLEGAL to be sent an unsolicited text and have to opt out in order to not be charged for premium rate texts. Where is the actual product? What service did anyone actually receive? What did I supposedly get for 16.24 Euro?  It is an absolute outrag