Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

57XXX Premium Rate SMS

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

57XXX Premium Rate SMS

Hi All,

If you have received a premium service text from 57XXX this is a subscription service from a third party company. Some members here have posted on different threads. Your Community Mods have moved these posts to this board. You will find members posting their outcomes from following the instructions on our 3MadeEasy blog on Premium Rate Services and other solutions.

For those of you wishing to dispute this subscription, contact help@pfi.me via email and include the short-code (5-digit code) specific with the service being charged for.

We have a premium service bar that we can add to your account. Before you decide to add this bar please visit our premium rate services blog here - Premium Rate Services FAQs  It outlines exactly what the bar means and what it affects. If you are still happy to have the bar added to your account you can contact us to request this.

You can contact us here on the Community by sending the Mods a PM #MeetTheMods. To find out all the ways you can contact Three 👉click here

Your 3Community team.

90 REPLIES 90
PM1
Investigator
Investigator

There may be enough people here in this forum and others to bring a class action suit against Three and the companies responsible. In my own case it was Red27 Mobile. It will be worth it to ensure this stops happening to unsuspecting people and for Three to take responsibility for allowing this to happen to its customers.

I also just came across these reviews on Trustpilot and it is evident that this is non stop bith here and in the UK.
https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/red27mobile.com

@Anonymous @Ashling @Three_Eva @Three_Pat @LauraH @Anonymous @Anonymous @Three_Derv @Three_Will  @Anonymous

PM1
Investigator
Investigator

There may be enough people here in this forum and others to bring a class action suit against Three and the companies responsible. In my own case it was Red27 Mobile. It will be worth it to ensure this stops happening to unsuspecting people and for Three to take responsibility for allowing this to happen to its customers.

I also just came across these reviews on Trustpilot and it is evident that this is non stop bith here and in the UK.
https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/red27mobile.com

@Three @Ashling @Three_Eva @Three_Pat @Three_Laur @Three_Jean @Three_Edel @Three_Derv @Three_Will  @Three_Conor

You may be keeping an eye on the posts but you're not doing anything to help people get their money refunded, I've already wasted so much time emailing Red 27 and help@pfi.me as advised by Three without success.  Its a scam and Red 27 are stealing our money and Three is facilitating it. Shame on you 

Hi all,

At Three we follow regulations set by Irish and EU legislation in addition to strict protection of your personal data. 3rd party services such as Premium Rate Service tend to be subscription services and are allowed under current legislation and as such, the agreement is between the customer and the 3rd party provider.

Your 3Community has set this board up with an opening post that includes a link to our 3MadeEasy blog about Premium Rate services. It tells you all about these services, how to unsubscribe, requests a refund, and the results of applying a block on your account. Our advice is to contact the 3rd party provider to seek a resolution, and there are many examples on this board of members following the instruction in our blog, and having a successful outcome.

I have read all your posts in detail and I see that some of you have sent a PM to one of your Mods to apply a Premium Rate bar to your account. If you haven't done so already, received confirmation that the bar has been applied or if you are getting an error when you text STOP to the 5-digit number, please send me a PM directly by clicking on "Send me a PM" under my signature.

@virgi @Maani @TaraBe @Zephyr75 @Volnei @Blackley @Laws @Dave130 @Simon1 @Kinged78 

Dear Deborah,

thank you for your reply.

However, this is not good enough, in my opinion, for the following reasons:

1) I never signed up for these texts from premium numbers

2) texting back STOP doesn't stop all of them

3) when I contacted Three to demand a refund, they gave me the contact details of the scam companies, saying it was up to me to arrange for a refund from those companies. This is problematic, since it is almost impossible to get in touch with them AND when I did manage to get hold of one of them, they told me it was up to Three to refund me (I have the e-mails to prove this). So where do I turn now??

I have wasted many hours pursuing this issue and I am fed up. This is Theft. It has happened to me and my 13-year old daughter!

It is not good enough to advise Three customers to have these premium numbers blocked AFTER the damage is done. 

Customers need to unite and take action in order to stop this robbery from happening. 

RC
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there. Is it just me of is this site very confusing? Anyway I totally am not going to let this go even though I got my money plus VAT returned to my bank account today from Red27. I nervously provided them with my Bic and iban. Because the individual amounts are so small the guards won't take it seriously but how many people are being scammed all day every day? I am furious with ComReg cos they very patronisingly insist that I cannot have been sent the initial text by random. So now I'm a liar??. I agree with some other posts that the process of standing up to them was exhausting. I wrote to four TDs about it. Only one replied so far and couldn't help. Red27 provided bogus gibberish as proof that I had subscribed. They still can't answer me as to what service I received!!!

This is the same regurgitated info again.
I appreciate this is not on you Deborah, however this does nothing to resolve the core issues. If you have a read through all of posts and replies here you will know that this is not a stand alone issue, nor a mistake that someone made by clicking a dodgey link.
Why are you trained to use this patronising rhetoric?

As you’ll see in the Trust Pilot reviews, it is clear that Three and other networks have stakes in these premium rate companies, so of course they will allow it and do nothing to stop it and protect customers from violations of privacy. Why else would Three customer service give an email to a company that sells numbers to these Red27 style companies?
This is not customer service, it’s manipluation and deferring of the point.

The lack of any sort of accountability or action by Three and it’s staff is just adding to the issue and building a case for all to see.
I will not be letting up on this any more.

Yes!!

Hi all,

I have been scammed too by ModoMobi and I have solved the issue by following these steps:

- Contact Three and ask them to block all Premium Text numbers (if the charge was a 'one time only' it is not considered a subscription and sending a STOP message won't work

- Contact the customer service of the scammer and ask for a refund, making clear that you have never requested any services and the charge was taken from your account illegally. Mention immediately that you are ready to take legal action and you wish a FULL refund (do not accept partial refunds)

- Contact ComReg at consumerline@comreg.ie (they will get involved when a consumer's  official complaint has not been answered after 10 working  days). In my case they were very responsive and fortunat

Some very interesting and useful links here (these scammers often operate under different names):

Hope this helps

Ollydoyle
Novice

Hello

I have been the victim of theses services twice not. Disputing the charges is and incredibly time consuming and stressfull experience. I believe I was signed up by a popup add on a website without any human interaction. This is undoubtedly daylight robbery. Like if you agree.