Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Texts saying I have used 90% of my data when I haven't

zigg

Texts saying I have used 90% of my data when I haven't

This morning at 6am I got two texts saying I have used 90% of my credit. I have used about 1% of my allowance this month.

Can you please not send me nonsense messages at 6 in the morning??? Your Live Chat people told me to wait to the end of my billing cycle to check why this happened. Not good enough.

8 REPLIES 8
Sus79
Novice

Hi i signed up last week to unlimited broadband billpay for 30e a month,Last nite i get a text tp say "From Three: You've reached 90 % of your defined credit limit 35. Call customer care for more information or to make a payment". How is this possible, normal netflix youtube usage, supposee to be unlimited plus where did they get the 35?

@zigg and @Sus79 Hi there 👋 Are both of you able to use your services? If so, I'm almost sure that you can dismiss those texts. Of course, I'll check your account to confirm. Can you send a PM with your number, full name, address, and date of birth?

I get these messages also. They only started showing after the big update in April but we're supposed to be unlimited data. Trouble is my phone number is the main contact for the broadband and is also Three but prepay. For some reason whenever I get these messages for the broadband, it knocks off my phone services. Really annoying. Been back and forth with Three since it started in April and it is still acting up.

@JanDB Hello there 👋 That is very strange and I'd like to look into it further for you. Send me a PM with your numbers, full name, address and date of birth so I can access your account and check on any investigations currently open for this 👍

I have got that same message this morning. Any ideas if I need to do anything 3?

@Tony_02942 Good Morning, can I check if this was a SMS alert to your broadband account or mobile number? If it was your broadband, is it a new account ? If it was a credit limit SMS alert to your mobile, can you tell me what plan you are on?

Spend alerts happen when you are coming close to using up your allowance and credit limit notifications happen when you've used all your allowances. Every Billpay account has a pre-set spend "limit" for charges outside the allowance, did you make extra calls last month? 

GavinD
Novice

Hi Three, I got the same txt this morning. I'm currently on a plan with unlimited data for 30euros a month. I'm in USA currently on holidays and bought the extra 1GB for roaming here and haven't used it up yet. Why am I getting this message and why has three 'currently stopped services' on it? Please help and explain?

Gavin

@GavinD Hi Gavin, are all services stopped for you or just one in particular? I'll need to take a closer look at your account can I get you to PM me your number, address, full name, and date of birth? Once I've checked on this for you I'll update you here