Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Public IP

SOLVED
Rabie
Investigator

Public IP

The question has been asked a number of times and has been open at least a year (possibly more) based on the timestamps of other users.

When will Three allow users who request it, to obtain a non-RFC1918 IP address (ie a public address)?

Please do not link back to this post which is now 6 months old and out of date:

https://community.three.ie/t5/Announcements/Dynamic-Public-IP/td-p/769020

It just states you are aware and working on it, but no updates or feedback.

What is the current status, by when will it be provided? And please update the post.

113 REPLIES 113

@lj_garetYeah I would not be surprised...or they might just be lazy 😛

Either way, wish they would just come out and state that they can't and then give us like a 50% discount 🙂

Rabie
Investigator

@LauraH @Three_Deborah Can we get an update on progress?

@Rabie Hi there, the reason we haven't been posting here is that we don't have any news yet, there is work ongoing in the background to make this feature available for you all and once I have solid info I'll be straight on to share it.

Thanks for your replies, I see the frustration from the people posting and knowing it is not your fault as you do try to support and to reply when queried about updates. If it were possible to get a technical response from Three on the challenges they face it might help for customers understand. I expect the changes to infrastructure/technology are making this OPEN access more difficult to manage. Would you know the demand level for OPEN access? we use it for CCTV but had to find other ways when it became unstable, so we would have much more use for your data sims if this were working.

Hi all, thanks for your patience and I know you’ve been waiting for news on a Dynamic Public IP. While this is not a feature that Three offers as part of our services, we do see the demand and need. To enable such an IP can eventually affect bandwidth and we’re looking to lessen that and working on making this available to all our broadband accounts.

The good news is: we’ve had some success with certain contract plans and they are:

3 Broadband Unlimited
3 Prepay Broadband
3Business Broadband Advanced
3Business Broadband Express
3Business MBB Ultimate

If you have one of those plans, feel free to reach out to us. If you have a SIMO plan, bear with us, we’re working on it 💪

** While we're waiting on a fix for 1 plan, I'm marking this as an accepted solution for visibility and will update accordingly **

@Three_Deborah that is encouraging news! What is the best way to contact you to try and get this setup?

@gparker Good morning, I see that your rank has changed to "scout". This means you can send me a PM. You might need to log out and back in or refresh though. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Oh I'll need your full name, broadband number, address and date of birth.

Anyone had any luck getting this as an add on? I’ve tried contacting and am being told that only a dynamic IP public address which apparently is not static so this isn’t a solution 

@Caz0609 Hi there, I'm guessing you're looking for static IP? This requires a fixed line. The 3community team has been following up on a Dynamic Public IP for mobile broadband, which works on an over the air signal.

We can adjust the mobile broadband profile to allow for a Dynamic Public IP address for the plans that I called out in my post, it wouldn't be an add-on that will show up in your My3. 

Just to call out that SIMO is SIM only, and we're waiting for confirmation for this. 

Thanks Deborah. Is the dynamic public ip like a static ip? I.e. does the ip not change ? I have the 3 broadband unlimited plan