Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Public IP

SOLVED
Rabie
Investigator

Public IP

The question has been asked a number of times and has been open at least a year (possibly more) based on the timestamps of other users.

When will Three allow users who request it, to obtain a non-RFC1918 IP address (ie a public address)?

Please do not link back to this post which is now 6 months old and out of date:

https://community.three.ie/t5/Announcements/Dynamic-Public-IP/td-p/769020

It just states you are aware and working on it, but no updates or feedback.

What is the current status, by when will it be provided? And please update the post.

113 REPLIES 113

Thank you, I'm on 3Business Broadband Express. 

@Daniel_06653 Awesome! Pop me a PM with your broadband number, full name, address and date of birth and I'll see what I can do 😃

Hi, is it possible to have a public ip address on 3Broadband Unlimited 5G Silver plan.

Thank you in advance.

@Helder_Teixeira Hi there 👋 As that plan isn't on the list at the top of this thread it's not possible to add the Public IP service to it. Is there a particular system you wanted to use and need the Public IP for?

Hi,

i need a vpn connection to the office, i was able to get the huawei 5g router in bridge mode and having an (internal ip adress) provided by Three. I was expecting to receive a public address, to be able to get the vpn up from my internal router.

Obviously i am limited receiving your internal ip address :(.

I have 15 days to return the service with no extra cost... i am happy with the service itself 3 days testing and works very good. really the only downfall is not receiving a public ip on the connection. 😞

Best regards, Helder  

Hi all, again thanks for your patience and I know you’ve been waiting for more news on a Dynamic Public IP. We mentioned previously that this is not a feature that Three offers as part of our services, we do see the demand and need. To enable such an IP on broadband accounts is no easy task, as there is a finite number of Public IP addresses globally. We can enable the ability for certain broadband accounts to "search and use" any available dynamic Public IP address. Please note that although this feature is enabled, a Public IP may simply not be available, which is a factor outside of our control.

Here is the list of 4G plans that we can enable, including 3 Unlimited Broadband SIM Only.
3 Broadband Unlimited
3 Prepay Broadband
3Business Broadband Advanced
3Business Broadband Express
3Business MBB Ultimate
3 Unlimited Broadband SIM Only

If you have any of these plans, comment below and we'll reach out to you.

Hi Deborah,

thank you for your reply 🙂

my plan is 3 Broadband Unlimited, really appreciate if you can help

Helder

Hi,

Could you enable Public IP on my SIMO broadband, please?

Thanks a lot

Lukas

@lj_garet just been notified of your PM. One of the team is going to pick that up and check that the SIMO you have is 3 Unlimited Broadband SIM Onl. There are one or two legacy SIMO around!

@Helder_Teixeira We'll have a look at yours too, will you pop me a PM with your full name, broadband number, address and date of birth? 

Hi Deborah, thank you for your update. Thats Great news.  I have also 3 Broadband Unlimited, really appreciate if you can set a Public Ip for my account, Thank you