Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Public IP

SOLVED
Rabie
Investigator

Public IP

The question has been asked a number of times and has been open at least a year (possibly more) based on the timestamps of other users.

When will Three allow users who request it, to obtain a non-RFC1918 IP address (ie a public address)?

Please do not link back to this post which is now 6 months old and out of date:

https://community.three.ie/t5/Announcements/Dynamic-Public-IP/td-p/769020

It just states you are aware and working on it, but no updates or feedback.

What is the current status, by when will it be provided? And please update the post.

113 REPLIES 113

@Oguzhan_05287 great stuff! Pop us a PM with your full name, broadband number, address and date of birth and one of the team will help you from there

Hi,

I am currently on a 3 unlimited broadband SIMO account and as with previous customer messages I am trying to set up a VPN to connect remotely to my office. I came across this post and see that it is possible to get a public IP address as the private one you issue forgoes the use of port forwarding necessary to enable the remote access VPN. Please enable my account with a public IP. I can send the required details via PM. Thanks, regards.

@KayGee2022, send us a Pm with your full name, broadband number, address and date of birth. With that we'll check your plan 👌

Done...

@KayGee2022 that's done for you. I'd normally advise to give it 24 hours before it kicks in fully 🙂

Many thanks for that..

Hi,
I still have not had a public IP address enabled on my account despite receiving a message from you saying that it was done and I should wait 24 hours for it to be fully active, that was on Tuesday 5th April.
Can you look into it for me please and let me know the outcome.
Many thanks and regards,

Keith Gibbons.

@KayGee2022 hi there, the ability to pick up a dynamic Public IP address was successfully added to your account. What sort of router do you have? Do you need the dynamic public IP for CCTV or something else? 

@HyperViz0r98  if memory serves me well, you had a similar delay. Did you make any adjustments to your router settings to help you along? 

Hi,

I have a 3 router, a Soyea(Huawei) B535 supplied by 3.

I need the public IP for remote working and CCTV access.

I am still only picking up a private IP address, currently 10.40.15.127
despite restarting the router multiple times

Thank you for your continued assistance and hopefully, we can resolve this
situation satisfactorily

Best regards,

Keith Gibbons.

I had a different router, but it basically just a matter of changing the APN to 3internet , there was a "use network apn button" I unchecked that, and had 3internet apn