Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

ESIM Rollout

ESIM Rollout

Hi

Vodafone Ireland have recently started issuing ESims in ROI.  I think Three should follow suit soon, handsets such as iPhone only allow dual sim using one of these

455 Comments
Alex_05081

Any news? Apple and others are looking to remove sim slots from new devices and support dual e-sims so you can have your work and personal number.  If 3 cant do that people will go to Vodaphone.

Ian_Collins
Vodafone haven’t done it properly. I moved for precisely this reason, and
they screwed it up. No sign of a fix either.
Three_Aaron
3 Moderator

@Alex_05081 This is currently in the works, as we don't have a specific time frame yet keep an eye out here for further updates 👍

Kenneth_13591

Hi, 

I think it would be more than worthwhile to rollout eSIM support on your network. Vodafone Ireland have done this within the last year and it has worked without any problems. This could increase SIMO sales since you could pull both personal and work numbers to 1 device with 3 plans. 

With rumours of iPhones soon becoming simless, it would be worth investing in this now rather than later. 

Three_Bex
3 Mod Retired

Hi there, 

This is a topic that comes up every once in a while. I can confirm that supporting ESIMs is under investigation and it's possible that we'll have some updates in the future!

Kildare_P

Really disappointing there is no progress here. Three do have the ability to offer eSIM's because you're providing the connectivity for the ESB Smart Meter rollout and you also have an IoT Enterprise platform so there's no technical reason why it can't be offered to consumers too, only a business decision.

New iPhone out in September, most likely replacing my tiring iPhone 11, if Three don't have eSIM sorted by that stage then I will probably be off to Vodafone on both numbers.

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi all, I know you are all eagerly anticipating an update on this 😊 As you know this is being worked on from the network's side. To introduce something like this is not a matter of flicking a switch, it takes time and careful planning to ensure we have the right product in place for our customers 🤗 I absolutely assure you it’s on Three’s radar to provide this service as soon as possible. I also have an interest in this, so I'll be keeping a close on updates. As soon as I know something I will post it here 👌

@Kenneth_13591 Hi there, I've moved your idea over here to keep all eSIMs in the one place 👍

Ian_Collins
Vodafone have fixed this.

Went their shop today, provisioned the sim and scanned the QR code. Needed
to call their support to get the 19 digit sim number to complete the
transfer from the physical sim, but once I entered that it worked
immediately.

I popped in my work sim and now I finally have two numbers of one phone.
stuffedpig

Any update on this vital service yet? how many years are we talking about here?

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@stuffedpig We still don't have a confirmed launch date, I totally get the frustration as we are all eagerly awaiting more news on eSIM. As soon as I get a launch date I'll post it here.