Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

VoLTE and WiFI Calling

VoLTE and WiFI Calling

Three are the only network in Ireland not yet offering either VoLTE or WiFi Calling.

Even GOMO are now offering it

156 Comments
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Accepted

@pizzahead77 @LUKE_04244 @Krzysztof_02940 @NFH @Kildare_P @orlafitz @Alex_05081 @Pam_247 @Gareth_67 @Mike_13088 

The time has finally come to announce that we have finally launched 4G and Wi-Fi calling, I'm now going to move the status of this idea to Accepted.

With this rollout, not all customers will be able to avail themselves of the service right away. Over the coming weeks, we'll be updating our customer base to enable this. Once this has been enabled for you you'll receive an SMS. We have posted an article here with all the details and have a little FAQ section at the bottom for some of your questions. If you have any further questions leave a comment under the article and I'll be sure to get back to you. 

pizzahead77
Investigator

@Three_Shane1 thanks for the update. looking forward to using these new features 🙂

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired
Status changed to: Delivered

LUKE_04244
Investigator

Great news, if I get a new SIM today to move my primary number over will it be provisioned on the IMS with wifi calling available ?

I assume a carrier update on iOS is needed ? 50.0 is the latest for Three at the moment.

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@LUKE_04244 Hi Luke, if you get a new SIM today & move your number back to Three it will take up to 48 hours for 4G calling to be activated. Wi-Fi calling for Apple devices isn't available as of yet. We're still in talks with Apple to get this updated but not to worry once it is you'll get an SMS to let you know. 

Michael_01667
Investigator

@Three_Shane1 That's great news Shane, thank you. Will Apple users be able to use 4g calling before wifi calling is released? 

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Michael_01667 Yes, Apple users will be able to use 4G calling. Check out the article I linked above or click here to see a list of available devices. If your device is on the list then your account will be updated in the coming weeks with 4G calling capability. 

pizzahead77
Investigator

@Three_Shane1 will other phones work that have WiFi or 4G Calling capabilities or will it only be those on your Compatible list?

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@pizzahead77 it's only the devices listed that have the capability. Keep an eye on the list as we'll be updating it when new devices are added.  

NFH
Investigator
Investigator

@Three_Shane1Thanks very much for the good news. Please could you confirm that Three Ireland will not be geo-blocking wifi calling by IP address, unlike Three UK?