Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

4G upgrade to 5G

Add_46792
Investigator

4G upgrade to 5G

I got the 4G broadband as that was all that was available in the area, but when I got it turns out there is now 5G available but as I am in a contract 3 are not willing to change me over to the 5G plan, they want me to buy out the remaining 23 months of my contract.

Has anyone else had any dealings with this.

3 REPLIES 3
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @Add_46792, unfortunately, you would be unable to upgrade from 4G Broadband to 5G Broadband unless you are out of contract however if you have received the device in the past 14 days and have purchased the device either online or over the phone I would recommend calling customer care on 1913 where the team can help you cancel the contract and return the device to  Three and once the contract has been cancelled you can then place an order for 5G broadband if available in the area.

Hi Niall, this really is terrible service, all I am asking is to move to 5G and pay the difference as well I am not asking for it for free, the cost of the hardware is minimal on your end. Ye literally made the 5G available to order after my 30 days were up

Hey @Add_46792, I can understand the query however depending on the availability of 5G in the area this does require separate hardware compared to the 4G Broadband packages including a separate 5G capable device and depending on the availability of the 5G broadband in the area a technically installed receiver may need to be installed externally.

If you would like me to check the coverage in the area and check the account further for you pop through to me here on PM along with your broadband number, full name, full address inc Eircode, and date of birth and I can check this here for you.