Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Cant open ports on 3Broadband Unlimited 5G Gold

redunited
Investigator

Cant open ports on 3Broadband Unlimited 5G Gold

Hi, I have 3Broadband Unlimited 5G Gold and I am trying to open some ports, however, my router keeps showing all ports closed.

I am guessing this is something to do with Three blocking all ports,  is there anyway around this?

Many Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Thanks for reaching out to us here on 3Community @redunited.

Please give the below 👇 steps a try

• Login to the Web UI http://192.168.254.1/index.html#login
Enter the Username & Password. The username is set as User while the password is listed on the broadband device.
• Switch OFF 5G via toggle switch
Click on Settings → APN
• Click on Manual → Add New
Set Below Parameters
PDP Type: IPv4v6
Profile Name: Static IP
APN: open.internet.public.static
Select Apply

If you have any difficulties with this please contact our support team on 1913 and enter your broadband number when prompted. 

Hi Stacey, thanks for the reply.

I did the following and whilst I did see some changes such as my Internet Download was much faster, the upload was considerably slower.

Also, I was still unable to open any ports.

Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

@redunited delighted to hear that your download speeds were improved after updating the settings. If you are continuing to face any difficulties with this please contact our support team on 1913 and enter your broadband number when prompted to speak to our dedicated broadband team. 

Hi Niall, thanks for the reply,

My issue wasn't internet speed, It was the inability to open ports, that issue still remains.  I would be greatly for some further feedback on how I can open my ports.

Regards

Port forwarding wouldn't be a service that we would be able to turn on or off on the account. I have checked here on the Huawei website and I can see that they have advised that If you have connected your computer to the router's Wi-Fi (or connect the computer to the router's LAN port using an Ethernet cable) > Enter the default IP address in your browser address bar and log in to the web-based management page (check the nameplate at the bottom of the router for the default IP address) > Go to More Functions > Security Settings > NAT Services and click the icon in the upper right corner of Port Forwarding, if this option is not showing, it means that it is not supported by the device.