Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Public IP

SOLVED
Rabie
Investigator

Public IP

The question has been asked a number of times and has been open at least a year (possibly more) based on the timestamps of other users.

When will Three allow users who request it, to obtain a non-RFC1918 IP address (ie a public address)?

Please do not link back to this post which is now 6 months old and out of date:

https://community.three.ie/t5/Announcements/Dynamic-Public-IP/td-p/769020

It just states you are aware and working on it, but no updates or feedback.

What is the current status, by when will it be provided? And please update the post.

113 REPLIES 113

Thanks Niall, I sent an PM, did you receive it?

Hey @Mary_85398, I received your response when we closed and I am going to go to your PM soon. 

Hi I'm looking to purchase the 3 Broadband Unlimited plan and need a public static ipv4 address can you enable this with my plan as I purchase it?

Hey @John_19631  , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

On the 3 Broadband Unlimited plan the team won't be able to apply the Public IP as this is not activated as a default setting however if you contact us here via PM with your details and the broadband number we can get this applied here for you. 

As you're new to the Community you'll need to increase your rank to send PMs. You can increase your rank by commenting on posts, creating new posts, & kudos/liking comments. Once you rank up you'll get a message to notify you & you'll need to log out & back into the Community & you'll be able to PM us directly. Or if you'd prefer you can contact customer care on 1913 or by clicking here to chat to our messaging team.