Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Public IP

SOLVED
Rabie
Investigator

Public IP

The question has been asked a number of times and has been open at least a year (possibly more) based on the timestamps of other users.

When will Three allow users who request it, to obtain a non-RFC1918 IP address (ie a public address)?

Please do not link back to this post which is now 6 months old and out of date:

https://community.three.ie/t5/Announcements/Dynamic-Public-IP/td-p/769020

It just states you are aware and working on it, but no updates or feedback.

What is the current status, by when will it be provided? And please update the post.

113 REPLIES 113

@Caz0609 a dynamic Public IP can change, usually when the device is restarted or when there is an update. This Public IP works well for  CCTV. Is that what you're looking for? 

Hi Deborah. No this is not what I’m looking for. I need a static IP address that doesn’t change to connect to one of our work applications.
Rabie
Investigator

@Three_DeborahI tried DM'ing you, but am getting an access denied message on the forum.

How do we contact you?

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

Also which plan is SIMO? Is it?
3 Unlimited Broadband SIM Only

@Caz0609 Ah I understand. Static Public IPs are, from what understand, only through a fixed line. Would you consider trying what we can apply to your account? It costs nothing 🙃

@Rabie you're correct SIMO is 3 Unlimited Broadband SIM Only. We are continuing to work on getting the feature to apply a Public IP to this plan. The plans that are compatible are:

3 Broadband Unlimited
3 Prepay Broadband
3Business Broadband Advanced
3Business Broadband Express
3Business MBB Ultimate

To send PMs you need to rank up to at least "lookout" or "scout". I see you've ranked up to "navigator" . If you log out and back again, you should be able to send a PM.

Hi Deborah

Yes I will try it, we can at least then see how long the ip stays fixed!!

@Caz0609 Brilliant! You know the drill, as soon as your rank changes, log out and in then send me a PM. I need your full name, broadband number, address and date of birth. I'm wrapping up soon, so if I don't get to your PM today, I'll catch it first thing in the morning.

Hi is there any update on 3 simonly plans?

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Asad Good morning! No news on the Sim Only plans as of yet, as soon as we have news we'll be posting here so keep an eye out 😃

Could I please request public IP please? 

@Daniel_06653 Good morning! Tell me, which price plan are you on? If you're not sure, check it out on My3 👍