Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Expiring credit

Roithriun
Investigator

Expiring credit

I received a text a few weeks ago that my credit was about to expire and I needed to top up to extend the expiry of my credit.

I topped up as instructed but, contrary to the information in the text from Three, the expiry of my existing credit was not extended.

To make matters even worse, usage since I topped up has been deducted from the new credit rather than my existing credit, which is still due to expire in a few days. The same thing happened last September - usage depleted my new credit and a few euro of my old credit was expired despite my attempts to use it up.

What's going on..??

54 REPLIES 54

Hi Stacy

Any updates as I'm still waiting for my credits.

Regards

Hi @loki7777 , it is taking a little longer than we would like but we're still working on it and should have an update very soon. 

Hi Three_Stacey,

On the 15th you mentioned you would have an update about the order of credit being used (which is unfair in our view).

Could you please provide the update?

Thanks

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in coming back to you on this. I’m hoping to have a response to your query toward the end of next week. It has just taken a bit longer than expected to work through internally however I can assure you the team is working to get this resolved and we appreciate your patience.

I know you all have been waiting for an update here. I’m happy to say that we’ve completed testing on a resolution which took your feedback onboard.  To correct this error, a credit will be applied to affected Prepay customers and this will be valid to use for 180 days. This credit will be consumed after any pre-existing credit you may have.

We are working our way through the affected Prepay customers, when you have been credited you will receive the below text.

From Three: Due to a technical error your newest top up credit had been consumed before the older top up credit. This issue has been corrected and top up credit from now on will be consumed as normal. To correct this error we have applied a credit on your account and this will be valid to use for 180 days. This credit will be consumed after any pre-existing credit you may have. To view your credit balance, text ‘BALANCE’ to 50272. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.