Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Expiring credit

Roithriun
Investigator

Expiring credit

I received a text a few weeks ago that my credit was about to expire and I needed to top up to extend the expiry of my credit.

I topped up as instructed but, contrary to the information in the text from Three, the expiry of my existing credit was not extended.

To make matters even worse, usage since I topped up has been deducted from the new credit rather than my existing credit, which is still due to expire in a few days. The same thing happened last September - usage depleted my new credit and a few euro of my old credit was expired despite my attempts to use it up.

What's going on..??

54 REPLIES 54

I will lose another €20 credit in 6 days. It's getting beyond a joke now. That will be nearly €50 gone for me.

I am sure there are lots of people out there with lots of money gone without them understanding why its happening and they might be just thinking it's normal as they trust Three. This is not a great thing to be happening now for months during a cost of living crisis coming up to Christmas.

They should really have a solid timeframe now when it will be fixed and when the refund of credit will be applied to everyone.

I personally think they are trying to push the old legacy prepay users away or at the minimum don't care enough to fix quickly so we are low priority.

We are at a point that we need to complain to ComReg as they haven't fixed this issue in a reasonable timeframe as it's been 8 months! https://www.comreg.ie/advice-information/consumer-care/contact-our-consumer-care-team#complaints-for... 

Edit: I just submitted a complaint to ComReg. They replied saying we should first make formal complaint to Three here https://www.three.ie/contact-us/contact/ first to get a complaint reference number and to give Three 10 working days before they will take up the case. I just did that but I would advise others to do the same.

@Stephen7 I understand that you are frustrated, but I would like to assure you that we are aware that some Prepay customers (specifically customers on the 3Prepay Plan) have seen their credit used out of sequence. Our technical team is continuing to work hard to resolve this issue as soon as possible for these impacted customers, we apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. 

As soon as I have any further updates I will make sure to post here.

Seems this is fixed now using earlier credit first. If everyone can check on their end if it's working for them.

It's still an issue for me. Just tested it calling my voicemail and it took it incorrectly from the newer credit.

@BM0 & @Stephen7 I understand it's frustrating and as soon as I have confirmation that we have a permanent fix in place I'll reach out.

Hi Stacey,

Looking back, I see a note from from 20th October that the relevant team are working it. Since then there has been no meaningful update, hence the frustration.

Could you share any details of what has been done in the meantime?

Could you confirm what the intended fix will be (see my expectation in a previous post-to summarise all incorrectly expired credit refunded with several months extra added to the expiry)? It would be hugely frustrating if a fix was made that was not to our satisfaction, and we had to start this process all over again.

I have tried to be patient as I understand there is little you can do on your own, but if the lack of meaningful updates continues I will also consider escalating beyond Three like another poster has already done.

Thanks,

Stephen

Hi @Add_94874 , I apologise for the delayed updates on this issue. Our team has been working hard to resolve this issue and a technical solution is currently underway to resolve this as soon as possible for impacted customers, we apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. 

I noticed this is the same with me. The newer credit has been taken just now instead of the one that is expiring first. Since March is a very long time for an issue like this still not being resolved. 

Hey @Add_99661, I can see this was posted on December 24th so this may have already been handled by a member of our customer care team however if you are looking to query this further pop back to me here on PM along with your mobile number, full name, address and date of birth and I can check the account here for you.  

Add_53995
Investigator

Just checking in here to see if this was fully resolved or if the Three prepay team are still investigating?

I have noticed that the issue is fixed on my MyThree account in that the credit is no longer being taken out of sequence, but the final issue now is for Three to refund the credit that incorrectly expired due to more recent top ups being used first.

I myself had €80 credit expire over the months since I became aware of the issue in September 2023, and based on my usage it would not have otherwise expired.