Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

I can't receive authentication texts from my bank

I_just_want_support
Investigator

I can't receive authentication texts from my bank

Hi, like many other three customers, I don't receive texts from my bank. I had confirmation from my bank support that these are sent. What can be done to fix this?
Thank you
16 REPLIES 16

@ronniel21 I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received any updates. I've check your PM history with us, and see that @Three_Bex asked you to try something regarding this issue. I don't see a reply to say that it has worked or not. Can you check that out? 

Hi James
Yes I followed all these steps and still the problem remains.
I have been promised on a number of occasions someone would contact me in
relation to this but no one has and it has dragged on for months.
Thanks,
Ronan

Hi Ronan, just got back to your PM and I'll continue helping you from there. 

I also have the same problem and assume problem is related to people who switch from other network to three after it was merged with o2. The thing is my phone number is UNKNOWN when checking phone information and i have problem with government txt and last weekend new thing with PERX mastercard when trying to use it and was waiting and waiting for a txt from mastercard to authorize the transaction - luckly i was able to change the phone number on Perx side to Vodafone number and all went without any problems.

Phone that i am using now is Pixel 4A but same was with 3A - I also replaced my three sim with new one.

Can i ask for some help from three and was this problem solved to anyone of you in this topic? 

@loki7777 Hi there, are you able to update the phone number in your phone under phone information? Could you try resetting the network settings of your device through the settings menu to see if this updates your information on the handset?

Hi. No i can't set the phone number on pixel as i think google won't let you do that anymore. I will try reset the network but i can't reset the phone because of bank app.

Network reset didn't change anything.

@loki7777 thanks for that. Can you send us a PM, and include your full name, mobile number, address, & date of birth? Can you also include any examples of dates & times of when you were due to receive these verification codes?