Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Instant top up error

Laura123
Novice

Instant top up error

I tried instant to up yesterday but got an error message saying to try again so I tried a second time and got the same error. No credit was applied & I didn't get any text saying I had topped up. I checked my bank account today and there are two €20 charges listed as "in progress." I still hadn't received the credit & didn't have data so I topped up with a €20 voucher from spar which worked straight away.

How can I make sure I am not charged €40 for the 2 top ups that I got the error message for & never received?

5 REPLIES 5
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@Laura123 Hi there and welcome to 3Community 👋 Tell me, is the pending charge still showing in your account? This can sometimes take a couple of days to drop off. Let me know 👍

Yes both charges have been debited from my account balance but are still
listed under 'in progress.'

@Laura123 Good morning! You'll notice these drop off over the next couple of days so keep an eye on them. If they move to 'Completed' then pop a post on here to let me know and I'll dig into it further for you 💪

I've just checked my bank account again and both transactions- from 28th
February are still there under 'in progress.'

@Laura123 Hi there, so that's just over a week that the transactions have been pending with your bank. Have you contacted them regarding this? We'd love to help you, but while the transactions are in progress or pending, we have no visibility.