Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Three Double Topup, Refusing to return money.

Michsel

Three Double Topup, Refusing to return money.

Hello,

On about 8th July threes system double charged a 20 euro topup, I rang immediately and was assured it would be refunded in 3-5 working days. I have called 6 times with no joy. I still haven't received the money back.  How do I escalate this issue.

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19

@Samuel_J_Stephen cheers for that. Last questions:  are the two transactions showing as "completed" in your banking history? 

No, both transactions show as pending with UlsterBank still.
On the My3 website both transactions are showing as completed.
They're only 12 seconds apart.

That's actually brilliant info @Samuel_J_Stephen . When you're rank changes to "Lookout" or "Scout" can you send me a PM with your full name ( if other that your username), number, address and date of birth. I'll get back to you there 👍

Currently says access denied for me as I lack sufficient privileges.
I'm a lookout currently, so should be fine right?

You should be fine to PM at Lookout rank. Can you refresh and try again?

Logged out and back in again and still no luck.

Samuel_J_Stephen_0-1636558877101.png

@Samuel_J_Stephen the permissions are all set up on this side here. But I don't see the "PM" icon in your image either. I see you've ranked up again to Navigator. Log out, clear history for the last hour, log in again and will you try one more time? 

Working now.

Got it @Samuel_J_Stephen

I see that the two top-ups are complete on my side too. I'd love to be able to refund in the case, errors do happen, however, Prepay top-ups once gone through are non-refundable. In saying that, there might be something else I can do for you. I've just gone back to your PM 🙂

Hi,

I accidentally top up my account. I was trying to top up my friend but the system changed it to my account.

I already did a top up just 2 days ago. Can you help me get refund on it? It was an honest mistake. You customer service is not helping me with it. My friend already top uped her account and I lost 20 euros withoit any reason

It was done via my3 app and I used my card for it. It was a debit card from AIB.