Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Schedule Top Up does not work

SOLVED
lizmcnulty
Novice

Schedule Top Up does not work

I have tried in vain to schedule a top up.  I have updated my details so I have added a different person's card/different address for paying to top up.  I select the nickname and amount and date to schedule top up.  I hit the 'Create' button at the end of the page and nothing happens.  Help I need to be able to do this online as I am not in the Country and need to be able to top up online.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@lizmcnulty Hi Liz & welcome to the 3Community. Can I get you to go through the following steps:

• From the dashboard go to TOP UP
  • Enter your personal details and click continue
  • Choose Instant Top Up and do a manual initial top-up. At this point please note that will be using the card you had previously used to top up.
  • If that top-up is successful, you will then be able to set a regular top-up using that same card.

Once you've topped up you'll then be able to set up a scheduled top-up. If you run into any difficulties pop back to me here & let me know. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@lizmcnulty Hi Liz & welcome to the 3Community. Can I get you to go through the following steps:

• From the dashboard go to TOP UP
  • Enter your personal details and click continue
  • Choose Instant Top Up and do a manual initial top-up. At this point please note that will be using the card you had previously used to top up.
  • If that top-up is successful, you will then be able to set a regular top-up using that same card.

Once you've topped up you'll then be able to set up a scheduled top-up. If you run into any difficulties pop back to me here & let me know. 

Thanks this worked! Though would have saved me a lot of time if Three software engineers could be bothered to add some code to output an error message when I tried to schedule a top up instead of outputting nothing! My pet peev, rubbish or lack of error codes. 

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@lizmcnulty Great glad to hear it worked for you. We are currently working on a change that will help customers when setting up their scheduled top-ups. 

sme problem as a new customer - thankfully i found these threads. clearly it hasnt been changed. im caught in a loop with this, so ill wait till the end of my first 28day period, do a one off top up, then hopefully arrange the scheduled yop ups. similar problem as op above as ill be abroars. mad that there is no alert to this, and we dont seem to be told somewhere that we need to do a once off top up first before we can start to schedule. also thats very odd because im trying to use the same card i used for my initial payment to get the sim....so its not like three dont have the details.......really odd and annoying.