Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Mods Tips & Tricks: Knowing your Data Usage

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

Tips & Tricks - Data Usage.png

Ever wondered how much data you’re using on your phone and what apps are using the most? Maybe you have thought that you are needlessly scrolling through social media and would like to put a limit on it? Or maybe you just want to have some downtime or focus on study, a work project, or have uninterrupted family time? Then it’s time to go into your phone settings and find Digital Wellbeing (Android) or Screen Time ( iPhone) 👍

First up is Digital Wellbeing!

3Community members already know that I’m a Samsung user 😄 With that said, the first time I accessed Digital Wellbeing was through my Settings > scroll down > Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls. But I found that a bit time-consuming, so I went into Digital Wellbeing settings and first added it to the Apps Screen, then my Home Screen.

The Ways to Disconnect feature is handy and it differs from Do Not Disturb mode, as it prevents disruption from apps and not standard calls or SMS. You can add your own “focus” time and select which apps to block. This feature means that you receive a weekly push notification highlighting time spent online and how much “focus” time you have had.

In general, I’m pretty good at avoiding scrolling for the sake of it, or playing games for hours, however, my major weaknesses are TikTok and Instagram! So, I have set up a 20-minute daily limit for both these apps, as well as an over all screen time goal of just 2 hours a day

Three_Deborah_1-1648474772586.png

And now, Screen Time!

I don’t have an iPhone to test this out, so I reached out to some iPhone users on 3Community and got some great responses and a screen shot to share! Thanks @Leah_McM 

“There's two ways of doing it, you can have a time limit (App Limits) for an app or you can enable Downtime. Downtime requires a bit more effort as you have to add exceptions such as WhatsApp, so they still work after you set up your Downtime preferences. Screentime is what I use, so I have limits on Instagram and Facebook. This just means that you stop yourself needlessly scrolling, and if you hit the limit, where you realise you have spent X amount of time looking at your phone, it can be alarming, so you will find other ways to occupy yourself!”

Three_Deborah_2-1648474772627.png

As always, if you have a tip about data usage that you would like to share, just pop it into the comments below ❤️