Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Let's go..... biking!

LauraH
3 Mod Retired

Let's go..... biking!

Annual leave is quickly approaching for this Mod and with it comes an itinerary fit for a king or queen! I want to make the most of the last few weeks of Summer before schools return and we’re back to packed lunches, ironing uniforms and the dreaded homework 😨

I’ve already mentioned that visiting the Cliffs of Moher is on my list over here and next up is to make use of the bikes that we invested in last year. The Limerick Greenway has been calling to me and I can’t wait to explore it and the many attractions along the way.

Disaster almost struck last weekend when we realised that little one’s bike has become too small but we were saved with a quick visit to Halfords and me being me, I, of course, went searching for a bargain and once again 

Three+ came to the rescue with a nice10% discount. I may have added some accessories to the basket as well seen as though the prices were so good.

Three_Laur_0-1628247178113.jpeg

Come on Community, give me your recommendations on where to visit with our bikes in August. Do you have any Greenways in your area that you’ve visited? Fill me in below 👇

4 REPLIES 4
Donegal-3
Connector

You have to come to the Hills of Donegal and challenge yourself with all our hills ....🚲🚵‍♀️ Must see Sliabh league, secret waterfall , siver strand , killybegs harbour , fundoran 🤩 Have you tried lake cycling yet it’s a must
billbond4
Leader

Im lucky that i have the athlone to mullingar greenway on my doorstep.

but lough boora is a nice flat trail as well that would suit kids on bikes.

Or my favorite would be to go down the Conor Pass outside dingle on a bike, thats great fun !

@Donegal-3  got to say your part of the country is indeed spectacular! You can't say secret waterfall with out giving more detail. At least tell me a starting point 🤔

@billbond4 Mullingar Greenway?? Hmmm something for my to-do list 😎 Have to agree that Conor's Pass is amazing, but next time you're around Kerry, pop over the border to County Cork and the Caha Mountains 👍 

Being a kerryman i try to avoid Cork 🙂

I suppose its the Athlone Greenway, more than the Mullingar side of things that I do.

https://www.athlone.ie/visit/the-greenway-cycleway/

They are going to make a bike bridge over the shannon by end of next year, so you can cycle from Westside Athlone to Dublin.

Hopefully the year after then, the greenway in Roscommon will be done ( as their are no old rail tracks to re-use)