Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Where’s the list of winners?

rianne92

Where’s the list of winners?

Just wondering where the list of winners are? Struggling to find it?

29 REPLIES 29

Me. 😎

Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey Everyone, At Three, to ensure full transparency and fairness for all competition entries, we have a robust process in place for selecting winners. The system we use to pick these winners from,  is completely random to ensure unbiased selection. Every entry has an equal and fair opportunity to be selected. On the back of recent queries regarding Three competitions, we conducted a full review of the process and remain fully confident in this.

Dear Niall,

Thank you for your response. I hope you understand the concern from your customers as it would significantly affect your companies goodwill. If the system you use is completely randomised and every customer can enter an individual competition only once, the likelihood of the same person winning a number of times is very unlikely. 

Are you able to confirm that you have investigated and the entrants are only able to enter once per competition and that all winners have been confirmed to have just entered once. This would give assurance to your customers that the competition are truly random and that some customers are just extremely lucky. 

Hey @John_65137 , I can understand the concern and this is why we conducted a full review of the process. Every Three+ user has a limit of one entry to each competition. All of the entrants would have the same chance of winning the competition however as there are multiple competitions on the app and we don't limit the amount of competitions that can be entered, it is possible for one user to win in more than one competition.

I hope it’s only a coincidence otherwise there’s a name for it😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

I’ve called 3 they are hanging up or are pretending not to understand wat I’m saying or that they cannot understand my English (I’m Irish and speak in a slow irish accent) the usual shxxxxt from 3 reps 

Hi Niall,

Do you really think people are that stupid?

This is blatant cheating and I for one will be leaving Three over this unless something is done.

Thousands upon thousands enter these and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth as this cheating is so blatant!!!

Hello Niall,

Thank you for your responses and for engaging with the community here!

I disagree with your approach. Following the data that was shared in an earlier post with names and winning counts, you should have investigated the data rather than doing a full review of the process. A process could sound perfect, but when deployed with real world data might be insufficient.

1) No system is completely random. It always relies on variables to generate pseudo randomness.

2) If the names actually won the acclaimed number of times, then you need a new process/system.

Again, thank you for engaging with the community! Hope the process gets better with time.

Hi Tony 

my name is one of the ones up there and there was no cheating and inside contact from me on winning the two prizes only time i have ever won win three just enter all competitions nothing different from anyone else.

The fact that you haven’t found any discrepancies isn’t reassuring at all when it’s plainly obvious there’s something wrong.