Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

All About: Roaming

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Three_Stacey_2-1667578525704.png

Roaming is when you use your phone for calls, texts, and data outside of your home network, typically when you are abroad. There are a lot of questions you may have when roaming, and we have got you covered!

How can I control my spend while abroad? (EU/Rest of the world)

Click here for more
For information on how to control your spending while using your phone abroad, click here.

For information on our Data Roaming Caps, check out our international roaming add-ons page.

To change your roaming message/alert settings, or to reset your data roaming roaming cap, you can find out more here.

How do I connect to a foreign network? 

Click here for more
For a step-by-step guide on how to connect to a foreign network and for general roaming tips, click here. 

What are the rates in the country I am visiting?

Click here for more
Click here to check out our roaming rates.

What should I do before I travel, and when I arrive?

Click here for more
For tips on what you should do before you go roaming, check out our All About: Roaming with Three blog.

Can I use my phone on a flight or at sea?

Click here for more

Service in flight or at sea is not guaranteed. When it is available, however, you are roaming on a satellite network and you may be exposed to high charges. When you connect to these networks, we will notify you of your rates to make a call, send an SMS, or use data. You can also check your rates before travelling here, by choosing “Satellite (Maritime/In Flight)” for the country that you are visiting. It is important to note that if you are on a ship/flight within the EU region, this is not part of EU roaming regulation.

We recommend that you carefully read our tips before travelling.

Information on the means of access to Emergency Services (Emergency Means), Public Warning Systems (PWS) and Value Added Services (VAS) or Premium Rate Services has been compiled by BEREC* and is available at the links below:

*Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications
4 Comments
Add_36084

can I add data (ROI) on my monthly top-up?

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @Add_36084 👋 welcome to 3Community.

I'd like to help you with this but I need a little more info. What plan are you on? If you're unsure, log in to your MY3 account and you'll see it on the dashboard.

If you're on 3 Prepay 20 or 30 and have activated the plan you have all you can eat data. To find out the details of our plans and compatible add ons click here.

Activating an add on could not be easier, simply login to your My3 account and click on "Manage Services ". Have a look at our blog All about: Prepay Boosters for a step by step guide on how to activate an add on.

Kevin_73477

I am visiting the usa for 3 weeks can I use my 3 phone and number and at what cost

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @Kevin_73477 welcome to 3Community.

Yes, you'll be able to use your phone in the USA. To find out what the roaming rates will be click here, all you'll need to do is pop in your number and where you're going and it'll display the charges.

I would also recommend having a read of our blog All About: Roaming with Three before you go for tips and tricks on using your phone abroad.