Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Is this a scam

James69

Is this a scam

Just got a message from 3care to say my mobile sim plan will be disabled because I did not accept new terms of service and asking me to log on to a website. I'm wondering is it genuine or a scam message 

7 REPLIES 7
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @James69 thanks for reaching out to us here on 3Community.

Some Three customers have received an SMS claiming to be sent by Three, advising their service will be disabled if a link within the SMS is not clicked. Please ignore this SMS, it was not sent by Three. Our teams are investigating this, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I got the same today , see attached, I assume it’s a scam 

IMG_5646.jpeg

Hi @Add_04344 I got one of these messages myself today, please don't click on the link just delete the message. Our team is looking into this, sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

IMG_0174.png

I've just got my 3rd one of these messages.

@Add_00599 I know how you feel, I received 3 in one day recently. 

Add_66165
Novice

Hi,  I got this tonight and foolishly fell for it! It took me to my bank app and I put in my details etc. I got a new bank card 2 weeks ago so I thought it was to update that. I'm in a heap! Thing is it came in on the thread of messages from THREE. 

1000023964.jpg

Hey @Add_66165, welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I have passed this screenshot on to the relevant team and I can assure you that we would never redirect customers to a banking app unless this is required to approve a payment depending on your card provider. If you have provided card details by clicking this link I would recommend contacting your bank as soon as possible and they will be able to take you through any steps on their end.