Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Wifi Calling on Pixel 7 Pro

RunDMC
Developer

Wifi Calling on Pixel 7 Pro

Hi there, I have a Pixel 7 Pro that works very well on the Three network. I would like to enable WiFi calling as I have poor coverage in some locations. Can you let me know how I can do that?

Thanks,

R

19 REPLIES 19

Issue has been resolved, many thanks! 

@FloareaMaria_14352 I'd be happy to help you with this. I've just seen your PM I'll respond to you there in the soon.

Havic_frfr
Novice

I too have a Pixel 7Pro for the past 5 months and considering how 3 now sell the pixel 7 and 7a and have given them at least volte, its saddening that even though I've had the toggles for volte and wifi calling that those toggles still do not work for me even today eithir, so i have to wonder if there is a reason 3 is gatekeeping volte and wifi calling from the pixel 7 pro?

Hi @Havic_frfr, I'd be happy with this. I'll need to take a look at your account settings so please pop me a PM with your name, number, full address and date of birth. 

Hi, 

I have a Pixel 7 pro and toggled on the wifi calling settings on my phone. However, when I make or receive call, it still doesn't connect over wifi. Can you please help me with this as well?

Hi there @saksham sorry to hear you're having difficulty with your wifi calling.

Please take me through your steps to activate the wifi calling and what exactly you're seeing/experiencing when you try to make a call over wifi calling. This info will help me to decide on our next steps.

Hi Stacey,

I went into the phone settings->Network&Internet->SIMs->3->Wi-Fi calling->Toggled on Use Wifi-Calling.
Then, I also changed the calling preference to Call over Wifi. Please see the screenshot-
Screenshot from 2024-02-21 14-43-01.png

Then I looked into the Phone test Menu, and I can see that the toggles for "wifi calling provisioned" are greyed out. It seems those options are disabled.

Screenshot from 2024-02-21 14-41-37.png

Thanks @saksham, from looking at the screenshots above VoLTE Provisioned and WiFi Calling Provisioned are turned on however you would be unable to toggle them on and off independently as they are greyed out.

Hi Niall,

I am still not able to make calls over wifi. When I look into SIM info, it shows IMS status as unregistered. Please see the screenshot below-
Screenshot from 2024-02-22 17-48-54.png

Thanks for the above update @saksham, I'd love to check the account here for you to make sure everything is set up, pop through to me on PM here along with your mobile number, full name, address and date of birth so I can investigate this further for you.