Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Do not receive text messages from banks and Apple etc.

Scottyboy
Investigator

Do not receive text messages from banks and Apple etc.

I ported to 3 bill pay yesterday and now do not receive any of the critical texts from banks and Apple that allow me use my cards online. Have raised a ticket and tried to escalate but have been told 3-5 days is the time it would take before it can be prioritised.

I can prioritise my cancellation after 20 hours with three if this is how you deal with service issues. Just to be clear, I cannot use any of my bank services as I have 2 factor authentication setup on them all and I am not receiving any texts from automated services for some reason.

I plan to go back to the three store to hand back your phone and cancel if this is not dealt with sooner than late this week. Awful start to your service.
40 REPLIES 40

I haven’t done a factory reset because my backup didn’t work last time and it was a real pain getting it back from my old phone. And I did this the last time I had a problem since I switched to Three and it did not help so I do not want to do it again.

@AdmiralHip and @Kg3 thanks for confirming info around a reset. I've reached out to our tech team and am waiting for a response.

@PaulF @Tess and @I_just_want_support can you all send me a PM so I can forward your details to our tech team too?

Has there been any update on this investigation? Have you reached out to the tech team that sorted out this issue for other people ?

@Kg3 I've reached out to the relevant team regarding this and I'm waiting on a reply. I'll come back here as soon as I know anything 👌

My phone is a Pocophne F1, Android 10 (miui 12). I started noticing I don't receive texts from my bank around 3 weeks ago, probably from when I came back from France. My bank is Boursorama, a French bank.

When I click on "send me a pm", I get "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue."

I forgot to mention that I did try the SIM on a different phone, and it didn't help, still no text from the bank. Note that I also checked with the bank about other options than texts, and they don't have other options. They did say that the text is sent on their side, so this must be a problem with the provider.

@I_just_want_support good morning, Thanks for all the information. I've noticed that you've ranked-up. Can you try a PM now. I'll need your full name, number, address and date of birth. Plus the date and time you requested a verification code from your bank. With all this I'll add your number to the investigation 👍

@Kg3 @AdmiralHip @PaulF Our team is continuing to investigate the root cause. I'm following up every day. 

@Three_Deborah Still getting "Access Denied" and the not enough privilege message when clicking on "Send me a PM". Can you do something about that?

@I_just_want_support I see your PM. The info provided is brilliant. I've added it to the current investigations.

To anyone else on this thread, you may have received some notifications that regarding your original investigation. Can you let me know if you've tried to receive verification codes since Monday?

@AdmiralHip and @Kg3