Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

57XXX Premium Rate SMS

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

57XXX Premium Rate SMS

Hi All,

If you have received a premium service text from 57XXX this is a subscription service from a third party company. Some members here have posted on different threads. Your Community Mods have moved these posts to this board. You will find members posting their outcomes from following the instructions on our 3MadeEasy blog on Premium Rate Services and other solutions.

For those of you wishing to dispute this subscription, contact help@pfi.me via email and include the short-code (5-digit code) specific with the service being charged for.

We have a premium service bar that we can add to your account. Before you decide to add this bar please visit our premium rate services blog here - Premium Rate Services FAQs  It outlines exactly what the bar means and what it affects. If you are still happy to have the bar added to your account you can contact us to request this.

You can contact us here on the Community by sending the Mods a PM #MeetTheMods. To find out all the ways you can contact Three 👉click here

Your 3Community team.

90 REPLIES 90

Many thanks, I can see that page alright, but, I must never have interacted with my account ever!  What would my username likely be?  My email, or the broadband number?

No bother @Dennis_Burke Since you've never used the homepage, the user name is also admin. Let me know how you get on 👍

wowsers!  I'm in.  Thats great.

OK, so, billing has been consistant Eur30.75 until last month and this, so I assume with us both workign from home and streaming movies for the kids etc, we have over done the fair use ppolicy on the all you can eat?

@Dennis_Burke  Delighted that you can log in 😊 Have you checked your SMS box? Are there any overspend texts or other types of text?

I'd love to have a look at your account from this side, that way I'll be able to check your plan. Send me a PM with your number, address, and date of birth .

I have since learned that my account has been subscribed to an SMS premium service, despite me never interacting with the online SMS service for this broadband router

I felt sure I posted an annoyed message about this last night but I don;t see it now.

The SMS provider comes back to me today to say they have no evidence of my number in their system.

My3 has failed to recognise the phone number on my CUstomer agreement, so I cannot downlaod bills.

And now I can't reply to the customer support person cause I have used up the quota of Direct messages, this is infuriating!!!!

Three, as far as I can see, have seen fit to fork out more than 100Eur to a third party without me having sgreed in any fashion (none I'm aware of at least).  I never even got a premium SMS out of the apparent subscription???

Can Three customer support please simply email me my last three months bills or refund me the money themselves.

my email address is xxxxxx

@Dennis_Burke , I've deleted your email as it's a public forum. I've done this for your security. Can you try sending us a PM? Let me know here if it doesn't go through. 

Neil1
Investigator

Hi,

I found out my daughter's phone is being billed with premium rate texts which I was completely unaware of because 3 have not provided me with an itemised bill for four months.  The child is 12 years of age!!

I need to get a Premium Service Bar enabled on the number immediately but I cannot get in touch with 3 because they are not taking any bill related calls. There is no support email service and the Chat mechanism is a joke - it takes an hour to communicate a couple of sentences and is completely unsuitable to deal with my issue.

As far as I'm concerned my daughter was duped into this service by using a game app. She is a minor who is not capable of understanding or appreciating the implications of "Terms and Conditions". She insists she did not input her phone number or agree to terms of service. It is my view that the Service Provider assumed consent in a proactive (Opt-in pre-ticked) manner and automated in such a way as to make step back extremely difficult. There were no supervisory checks and this behaviour does not comply with GDPR guidance.

Three, as the platform provider are supporting this sharp practice by passing on billing to the tune of about €70 to me as the account owner.

I've taken  the matter up with the billing platform pfi.me who have told me that we are now "opted out" of the service. I'm taking this with a pinch of salt (having already been ripped off !) until I have written confirmation from 3 that the Premium Service Bar is enabled on the number - but I cannot get in touch with 3 - and I have no access to my billing information ! I have also opened a support case with ComReg.

How can I be put in touch with a representative in 3 who can look into and communicate with me in relation to this as a matter of urgency as we are now being financially impacted here at a time when we really cannot afford it?

Regards,

Neil.

@Neil1 All our contact platforms are extremely busy at the moment and there is a high wait time. I get your frustration and any of the Mods here are available to look at your account once you send your details via PM. You've taken the right steps in contacting PFI, they'll direct you to the 3rd Party company where you can dispute the subscription and charges. I know that some customers have been refunded by following these steps 👍 When we have your full name, number, address and date of birth we can apply a bar. 

Hello, 

I have received a charge of 16 euro to 8 received texts from this number. This is something i have not signed up for and having read online seems to have happened to many of your customers already.  Can you please contact me to have this resolved. 

@Simon1 Hi there, have you found the answer to how to unsubscribe and dispute these chares by searching your 3Community? Here's a handy link to our blog click here As always feel free to PM a Mod if you don't find your answers in the blog 😊