Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Public IP

SOLVED
Rabie
Investigator

Public IP

The question has been asked a number of times and has been open at least a year (possibly more) based on the timestamps of other users.

When will Three allow users who request it, to obtain a non-RFC1918 IP address (ie a public address)?

Please do not link back to this post which is now 6 months old and out of date:

https://community.three.ie/t5/Announcements/Dynamic-Public-IP/td-p/769020

It just states you are aware and working on it, but no updates or feedback.

What is the current status, by when will it be provided? And please update the post.

113 REPLIES 113

@HyperViz0r98 Thanks so much for that! @KayGee2022 Did you give that a go? Let us know how it went 👍

Hi,

Yes, I tried it but I am still showing a private IP address, currently 10.64.231.100.

I have restarted my 3 supplied router several times, turned it off for a while but to no avail, still no public IP

Thanks..

@KayGee2022 Good morning! I've double-checked and all is set up correctly on this side. What have you changed the APN to? Can you also try open.internet.public if you haven't already?

Hi,

I have tried 3internet and open.internt and they havn't worked, I will try open.internet.public and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Thanks

Hi,

Success!!! open.internet.public did the trick, many thanks for your help.

Best regards, have a great day!!

@KayGee2022 Awesome! Delighted you're up and running 😊

You're a star, thank you!

Hi,

I would like to forward a port on my router. Am I able to do so? And if so, do I need a Public IP for it? My plan is 3 Unlimited Broadband SIM Only. 

Thanks a million,

Dominik

@Add_04789 Hello Dominik, I won't be able to help you with port forwarding, but I'll be able to help you with a dynamic public IP address. From what I understand this helps with port forwarding. Does that sound okay?

I would be very grateful, thanks!