Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Expiring credit

Roithriun
Investigator

Expiring credit

I received a text a few weeks ago that my credit was about to expire and I needed to top up to extend the expiry of my credit.

I topped up as instructed but, contrary to the information in the text from Three, the expiry of my existing credit was not extended.

To make matters even worse, usage since I topped up has been deducted from the new credit rather than my existing credit, which is still due to expire in a few days. The same thing happened last September - usage depleted my new credit and a few euro of my old credit was expired despite my attempts to use it up.

What's going on..??

54 REPLIES 54

Hey @GToffoli  , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

Apologies for the situation that you are facing, I'd love to look into this further for you, can I get your mobile number, address and date of birth in PM so I can see exactly what is happening please? 

Hi, I am also having this problem.  My most recent credit is being spent first rather than the oldest credit.  This changed sometime in the last six months and is very frustrating as it the effect is that my credit is being drained out of my account.  It is directly contrary to the terms and conditions of the legacy pre-pay plan I signed up to , which clearly state that the oldest credit will be used first.  Please fix this problem asap and restore lost credit to impacted users.

I lost 20 more credit a few days ago. Since this is going on 7.5 months and I am sure there are lots more customers that don't realize they are losing money because of this bug, maybe it is worth people making a complaint to ComReg about it.

Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @EMcM , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂 

Thanks @Stephen7 for our comment also.  🙂 

Sorry to hear that this is happening to you both and I can confirm that we are aware that some Prepay customers (specifically customers on the 3Prepay Plan) have seen their credit used out of sequence. Our technical team is currently working to resolve this issue for impacted customers, we apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. If you would like me to check this on the account for you pop through to me here on PM along with your details to validate the account and I'll be happy to confirm this for you.

Any updates on when this will finally be fixed??

Hey @Stephen7 , currently I don't have an update on when this will be resolved however I can confirm that the team are currently working on a fix to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Same issue happening with me. Had €33.02 in credit after an automatic top up of €20 on morning of 20th Oct. Made some purchases and one call to 171, totalling €13.03. Checked my balance today and it's €6.97. I.e. the €13.02 of credit which was rolled over from last month expired first and was wiped out. This has been happening for a long while.

Hey @Add_82816   , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I'd love to look into this further for you, can I get your mobile number, address and date of birth in PM so I can see exactly what is happening please? 

Hi team,

Could you advise how the investigation is going please? Given the time since the first post in this thread, some people could be down more than 100 euro now.

It would also be good to confirm how you plan to make this right so we are all on the same page. I think this would be reasonable:

1. Replay all top-ups, transactions, and credit expiries for however many months this problem has been in place, in the correct order.
  2. Any incorrectly expired credit over this period should be reinstated with an expiry of at least 2 months in future.
  3. Three should send a message/email to all affected parties - not everyone will be as on the ball as some of the earlier posters. I know it was only on seeing this thread myself that the issue became clear to me.

Given the apparent lack of progress so far, and the fact that the amount of incorrectly expired credit is mounting up, I'm sure other posters in the thread are also starting to considering escalating somewhere else.

Thanks,

Stephen

I just don't top up any more. Have €7 in my account but atm I'm using different sim to not waste more money.