Making purchases through the Google Play Store and App Store is becoming more and more popular. From games to music or movies and even some subscriptions, the stores on your phone are a hive of fun entertainment just waiting to be discovered.
At Three, we’re making it even more convenient for you to make these purchases because you can very easily use your Prepay credit to make payment or even add the charge to your next bill! Let’s go through the steps on setting this up…….
Google Play Store
To set up 3 Billing in your Google Play Store it’s quick and easy. Once set up, you’ll have access to purchase apps, game, books, movies…. the choices are endless!
- Select the app you want to purchase
- Select continue to set up your payment method
- Choose Use 3 Billing
- From now until the 6th of November you can get €5 back off your first Google Play purchase, check out the offer 👉 here
Going forward, when you’re making purchases, 3 Billing will be your default payment option and you’ll get a text and email to confirm any purchases made. So simple!
Apple App Store
Similarly, on the App Store a few quick steps will set you up for Pay by Mobile and access to all the apps you could possibly need.
- Open your Settings and click on your Apple ID to find Payment and Shipping. At this point, you’ll be asked to sign in.
- Select Add Payment Method.
- Tap on Mobile Phone and enter your phone number. You’ll then be sent a text to verify your identity. Couldn’t be easier!
As with Google Play, once your purchase is complete you’ll receive a text and email confirming it.
As well as buying apps, movies and books through your phone stores you can also pay for some subscriptions when you download the app for lots of different services including Disney+, You Tube Premium, Tinder Gold and Nord VPN. Let’s take Disney+ as our example today.
To pay for your Disney+ subscription using your phone credit or bill simply download the app through the App Store or Play Store. You’ll then need to sign up to Disney+ so enter your personal details and when you reach the payment screen select 3 as your payment method 👌
Tips & Tricks
Sometimes things don’t go exactly to plan so have a look at the below troubleshooting tips and tricks if you run into any mishaps
- Clear your history – an oldie but a goodie.
- Delete Pay by Mobile as a payment method and readd it.
- Know your limits – you can spend up to €50 per transaction, €100 per day or €150 per month using Pay by Mobile.
- You must have an Irish address registered to your Google and Apple accounts.
- Keep an eye on your payments in My3 (link) so you can keep track of your purchases.
Got a question? Why not search the Community; it's quite possible that you'll find your answer there. If not, start a new topic, our members are always happy to help out. Remember, the Community is 24/7 👍
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.