Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie

How to turn off the Adult Content Filter

3 Community Manager

How to adult filter.png

We understand that mobile phones are part of daily life, and to help young people enjoy these services safely we provide internet filters to limit access to material that may not be suitable. 

If you are over the age of 18 you can request for this age restriction to be removed. All you need to do is follow the below steps. You can update your personal details including date of birth on My3 under My Details and Preferences.

1. Follow the link here to the contact us page, select “General” as the contact reason, and “Age Verification” as the query type.
  2. The subject line should include your mobile number as well as the text “Remove Internet Filter”.
  3. On this form please attach a copy of any one of the following ID’s, Valid Driving License, Passport, National Age Card, or Student ID (Date of birth must be clearly displayed on all ID’s).
  4. Please include full name, date of birth, address, and the date of your request in the body of the text

Once all of this is completed, hit send. You should have complete internet access in 24-48 hours. Happy Internetting!

If you are a bill pay customer and would like to have the filter applied to your account feel free to contact us and we can help.

Maybe you would like more information on internet safety visit our website where we have tips and guides for safe and sensible internet use.  For information on keeping your children safe on their phones, see Here

8 Comments
Occasional Visitor

Scout
  • Remove adult content filter. 
3 Community Manager

@Daniel3 and @Vincent0 Hi there, have you both had the adult filter removed? I've just updated this article, so if the filter is still in place, can you follow the steps outlined above? Thanks

Scout

Dear 3, changed to your network from meteor because of bad 4g. 

Was never told about this adult filter.  I paid with a credit card. Obviously I am over 18. 

3 have now told me I have to provide ID. 

Well there are a few problems with this 

1 I paid with credit card I have already proved I am over 18

2 I am prepay and unregistered for a reason.

3 I simply do not want to provide my ID to three, a private company to use data I have paid for. You are a mobile network, not the Soviet Union. You have ZERO business with my ID.

Can you deactivate this filter or am I going to have to change network again?

Occasional Visitor

Hi I want to disable the adult content filter.

I tried using the link above but there no option to select “Remove Internet Filter”.

3 Community Manager

@ImMelvin  Hi there, when you click on the link did you select General, then Prepay, the age verification in the contact us form? See the below image;

Three_Deborah_0-1603194167012.png

Occasional Visitor

I selected the age verification and provided a passport ID photo.

3 Community Manager

@ImMelvin That's great, thanks for letting us know. The relevant team will take it from there 👍