Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

5G ZTE MC801A Issue with Xbox Strict Nat and Upnp not workin

SOLVED
Derek_43295
Investigator

5G ZTE MC801A Issue with Xbox Strict Nat and Upnp not workin

Hi 

I have had my 5g router about 6 - 8 weeks now. 
No issue with speeds or connections. 

When i got the ZTE. I had to enable UPnP. This still didnt work for Xbox. 
So Xbox ip was put in the DMZ. Boom.. Nats Open.. All working fine. 
As i said.. no issues after this for 6 weeks. 

Then 2 weeks ago. When there was a 3 outage / network issue. .. We use 3 in work.. So i know there was an issue. 

The ZTE is now always on strict. 
Upnp no longer works at all.. and DMZ for Xbox doesnt even work. 

Router reset to Factory default. 
Same issue.. 
It looks like CG NAT is been enbled on the default 5g network now. 

I have added every APN i can look up on the internet for three and open NAT
3ireland.ie
3internet
3broadband.ie
internet
open.internet
open.internet.public
three.ie

Can some one please tell me WHAT is APN for a proper NON CG NAT enabled network. 

i got this 5g for my xbox. If i can not play it with strict NATS.. Then i will be returning the product. And citing non service and not paying any contract cancelling fee due to non open network. 

There has to be at least ONE .. non CG NAT enable network on threes side. 

please send me the APN details for this. 

Or other wise send an engineer. So he can look at it.. See that there isnt a single thing he/ she can do that i havent already done.. And still have the same issue. 

As i said .. Worked and was fine when i signed up.. Something changed on 3s end.. and now its not the product i payed for. 

Please just remove the CG NAT off the 5G 

I also have a 4G one for work, THis is also the same. So please dont say its an issue with the ZTE. This is a carrier issue. NAT has been enabled on the carrier side. And its breaking. 

There is no way .. that this hasnt been logged by other Xbox users. 

Again. Please send the APN for the open network. And not one with CG Nats on it.. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey everyone, thanks for your patience on this and I appreciate your patience in allowing me to look into this further. Unfortunately, I don't have an update on this query currently. As of now, I don't have troubleshooting steps that I can provide to help resolve this however the networks team are actively working on a solution to this and as soon as I have this I will be popping back here on this thread.

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
Three_Niall
3 Community Admin

Hey @Derek_43295 , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

Before you complete troubleshooting on the device would recommend doing a factory reset and this will set the device to the default setting including the APN settings. On the bottom of the device, there will be a small hole with the word reset written above the device. you will need something small like a pin and push down the button and once you feel the click and hold it down for 10 seconds. 

Once you have completed this factory reset I would recommend checking the user manual for steps to enable UPnP as you are describing and if this is unavailable I would recommend checking if your router requires an update.

Hi Niall

Factory reset has already been done on the device. 

Several times. 

Again. Issue isnt the device. 
Its the fact the carrier is using Carrer Grade NAT on the APN .. so no matter what i do with firewall.. or dmz... port fordwarding .. Upnp.. It doenst matter..

Factory rest done. 
Ip address given to xbox 192.168.0.61

Logged into web interface for ZTE. 
Since reset. Upnp is off and closed. 
Enabled. Apply Sucessful.. 
Restart router to be sure. 
Xbox also restarted.....
Upnp still blocked on xbox after reboot... 

Dmz then enabled.. ... and ip address applied.. 

Xbox then rebooted again.... 

Still the same... Strict.. 

Wait.. Lets try and turn off Firewall fully........... 

ohhh look... still the same.... 

So again.. i will ask for the APN settings for a fully open and not one with NAT 's already applied. 

Can you provide these.. 

Or show me the settings on a router.. that should show it.. how its applied.. in what steps and ill test that... BUT again... I know this will be blocked... 

Again.. its NOT the xbox or the Zte router... 

Xbox put on eircom wired fibre connection... Open.. No Nat issues.. 

Hi 

Just to say.. Also tested in Bridge mode... 

And i hope you understand what that means.. 

The xbox connected to the router in bridge mode.. Is passed the WAN ip address .. all firewall is turned off on the router.. 

And yet... 

Same results.. NATS are strict.. 

Can some one advise like i asked at the start.. 

What is the Open APN.. that has NO natting at all on it please. 

Thanks

Thanks Derek, can you pop through to me here on PM along with your broadband number, name, address and date of birth and I can check the account here for you so that I can better advise on getting this resolved?

Pm Sent to you there with Details. 

Hi 

Just to prove again. Its network settings been blocked on the router... 

If i do a look up on .. Whatsmyip ... 
Which should show my external ip 🙂 yes... 
Ip is 80.233.49.103
BUT if i go to the device and look at the WAN ip... SHould be the same.. If i have a public IP and not a shared ip .. BUT wait.. 

i have an ip on the wan of 

So again.. Ill ask for the APN details of a NON Carrier Grade NAT APN .. 

The Default on the router WAS this... BUT this has changed in the last 2 weeks. 
This is why the NAT and port forwading isnt working and also the DMZ... as the CG Nat is blocking it.. 

Also if you want to just do a port test on port 88 and the Whats my IP.. you will see its blocked.. 
Which its not... 
its just you cant test the port when its sharing ip with several other users. 

Please dont ask me to restart the router. ... 

25 years working in IT. 

Thanks

Derek,

Did you get this issue resolved? I'm having the same issue. 

Thanks

John

Hi John

I SORT of did for a while.. 
i found.. if the router restarts.. it will always revert back to strick.. 

What i had to do .. was... 
On the xbox... Run a nat test.. At the same time.. on the web interface of the zte.. Turn off the NAT... and turn it back on again while it was testing.. 

This worked for about 2 weeks.. 

But now.. Back to Strick all the time.. even if i try the same method that did work for me.. 

its the double nattin that is casuing the issue... 

NAT issue here too...