Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

5G ZTE MC801A Issue with Xbox Strict Nat and Upnp not workin

SOLVED
Derek_43295
Investigator

5G ZTE MC801A Issue with Xbox Strict Nat and Upnp not workin

Hi 

I have had my 5g router about 6 - 8 weeks now. 
No issue with speeds or connections. 

When i got the ZTE. I had to enable UPnP. This still didnt work for Xbox. 
So Xbox ip was put in the DMZ. Boom.. Nats Open.. All working fine. 
As i said.. no issues after this for 6 weeks. 

Then 2 weeks ago. When there was a 3 outage / network issue. .. We use 3 in work.. So i know there was an issue. 

The ZTE is now always on strict. 
Upnp no longer works at all.. and DMZ for Xbox doesnt even work. 

Router reset to Factory default. 
Same issue.. 
It looks like CG NAT is been enbled on the default 5g network now. 

I have added every APN i can look up on the internet for three and open NAT
3ireland.ie
3internet
3broadband.ie
internet
open.internet
open.internet.public
three.ie

Can some one please tell me WHAT is APN for a proper NON CG NAT enabled network. 

i got this 5g for my xbox. If i can not play it with strict NATS.. Then i will be returning the product. And citing non service and not paying any contract cancelling fee due to non open network. 

There has to be at least ONE .. non CG NAT enable network on threes side. 

please send me the APN details for this. 

Or other wise send an engineer. So he can look at it.. See that there isnt a single thing he/ she can do that i havent already done.. And still have the same issue. 

As i said .. Worked and was fine when i signed up.. Something changed on 3s end.. and now its not the product i payed for. 

Please just remove the CG NAT off the 5G 

I also have a 4G one for work, THis is also the same. So please dont say its an issue with the ZTE. This is a carrier issue. NAT has been enabled on the carrier side. And its breaking. 

There is no way .. that this hasnt been logged by other Xbox users. 

Again. Please send the APN for the open network. And not one with CG Nats on it.. 

Thanks

70 REPLIES 70

It used to be NAT type 2 for years, everything was running smoothly. Three just need to revert whatever change they made. I'm not gonna let this drop until I get a clear answer from them. 

Hey @Guest_69833  , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I'd love to look into this for you however I would ask you to pop through to me here on PM along with the broadband number, full name, address and date of birth so I can validate the account and pass this onto the relevant team who are continuing to investigate this further.

Is three  5G problem not router...

1000006183.jpg

Guest_69833
Novice

1000006183.jpg

 det this from factory is three5G problem not router!

Hi Robin, I'm also having the same problem as you.

I have always used my smartphone's router to play online on my PS5, and the NAT type has always been type 2.

Clearly now 3 has made some changes to the internet and I can practically no longer play online.

We need some solution for this!

Hey Robin did you find a fix/ did the issue get resolved for you? Been having the same issue with my PS5.

Im having the same issue with my xbox. Also just received notification my bill is increasing. Pretty annoying to be charged more for s service that doesnt work properly. I have a tough time even watching YouTube videos at this point. 

Sadly no joy so far. Three have been telling me since October they're investigating, but I'm guessing the customer service reps are getting internally stonewalled and this will continue until enough people raise a stink about it that it can no longer be ignored. Very frustrating because I'd been happy with the service for the longest time and it sucks someone in a boardroom at Three has now apparently decided to degrade the service without as much as a warning.

My NAT type has been fluctuating between Strict and Medium. I've obviously made no changes to my network so it's 100% an issue on Three's end. 

I will be cancelling my contract when it's up in a couple of months. I've literally stopped playing online games because they're unplayable 

Hey Everyone, we're aware of difficulties with some console devices online and I can assure you that our technology team is actively investigating. Once I have an update I will be popping back here with an update and thank you for your patience and understanding.