Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

5G ZTE MC801A Issue with Xbox Strict Nat and Upnp not workin

SOLVED
Derek_43295
Investigator

5G ZTE MC801A Issue with Xbox Strict Nat and Upnp not workin

Hi 

I have had my 5g router about 6 - 8 weeks now. 
No issue with speeds or connections. 

When i got the ZTE. I had to enable UPnP. This still didnt work for Xbox. 
So Xbox ip was put in the DMZ. Boom.. Nats Open.. All working fine. 
As i said.. no issues after this for 6 weeks. 

Then 2 weeks ago. When there was a 3 outage / network issue. .. We use 3 in work.. So i know there was an issue. 

The ZTE is now always on strict. 
Upnp no longer works at all.. and DMZ for Xbox doesnt even work. 

Router reset to Factory default. 
Same issue.. 
It looks like CG NAT is been enbled on the default 5g network now. 

I have added every APN i can look up on the internet for three and open NAT
3ireland.ie
3internet
3broadband.ie
internet
open.internet
open.internet.public
three.ie

Can some one please tell me WHAT is APN for a proper NON CG NAT enabled network. 

i got this 5g for my xbox. If i can not play it with strict NATS.. Then i will be returning the product. And citing non service and not paying any contract cancelling fee due to non open network. 

There has to be at least ONE .. non CG NAT enable network on threes side. 

please send me the APN details for this. 

Or other wise send an engineer. So he can look at it.. See that there isnt a single thing he/ she can do that i havent already done.. And still have the same issue. 

As i said .. Worked and was fine when i signed up.. Something changed on 3s end.. and now its not the product i payed for. 

Please just remove the CG NAT off the 5G 

I also have a 4G one for work, THis is also the same. So please dont say its an issue with the ZTE. This is a carrier issue. NAT has been enabled on the carrier side. And its breaking. 

There is no way .. that this hasnt been logged by other Xbox users. 

Again. Please send the APN for the open network. And not one with CG Nats on it.. 

Thanks

70 REPLIES 70

Hey @Pierre_51077  , Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

I can see here that you have contacted us on PM and I will continue to help you there and gather more details from you also. 

Robin_88991
Investigator

Hey, have you gotten anywhere with Three in getting this resolved? I've been having the same issue on PlayStation since about October. They sent me a whole new antenna and router but the problem persists so it's definitely on their end.

No joy. They say they're investigating it still. I'll have to go back to fixed line broadband if they can't fix it even though it's significantly slower

That's disgraceful. They told me the same and that I'd hear back about the case within days. That never happened and when I phoned to ask for an update I was told no issue had been found and that I should upgrade my hardware instead. The connection had been working perfectly fine for over a year, then they flipped a switch somewhere and now none of their customers can play online anymore. And their customer service reps don't have any knowledge of it so it's pointless to contact them.

Hey @Robin_88991, I have raised this with the relevant team when we received contacts on the above and we have a team investigating into this further however I have received your PM and I will look into the specifics of your query there. 

I'm having the same issue with the router on my PS5. I have not found anything on the router options, when I contacted the customer support they have told me to contact Sony, I explained that it was and issue with the router and not Sony, just for the time I contacted them and....surprise is the router and not Sony, did anyone found a solution?

Three customer service reps don't have the level of knowledge or access required to do anything about this. It's the same on every device (I have a PS5 and a Switch, strict NAT on both). NAT type is determined by the ISP, it might sometimes be helped with port forwarding and the like, but this is a non-starter in this case as Three has implemented a network-wide change without notifying its customers or briefing its customer service reps. It represents a degradation in service and the silent treatment people on here have been receiving for months now is infuriating. I'm looking into cancelling for breach of contract at this stage. I can only recommend to keep contacting them and demanding a solution, as only a critical number of escalations to their engineers is likely to be noticed. 

Thank you for the very helpful feedback!

Hey @Randolfato, Welcome to the 3Community 🙂

Thanks for your message, I have raised these examples with the network teams who are continuing to investigate this further. While I don't have an update on when this will be resolved I can assure you that the team is continuing to investigate this further.

If you have raised a case with the technical team previously and would like me to add it to the list I have passed onto the team or if you would like me to check the account / raise a case for you pop through to me here on PM along with your broadband number, full name, address and date of birth and I can do this for you. 

Guest_69833
Novice

I have this same problem  support not help at all I return my 5g  to three  next week I'm on 14 days trial I call them 8 times in lot 4 days.NOT RECOMMENDED