Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Public IP

SOLVED
Rabie
Investigator

Public IP

The question has been asked a number of times and has been open at least a year (possibly more) based on the timestamps of other users.

When will Three allow users who request it, to obtain a non-RFC1918 IP address (ie a public address)?

Please do not link back to this post which is now 6 months old and out of date:

https://community.three.ie/t5/Announcements/Dynamic-Public-IP/td-p/769020

It just states you are aware and working on it, but no updates or feedback.

What is the current status, by when will it be provided? And please update the post.

113 REPLIES 113

@Xumtiil Hi there & welcome to the 3Community. Can you confirm the name of the broadband plan you're on? You'll see in the comments above your own a list of plans we have Dynamic IPs available for, if your plan is listed dynamic IP can be added to your account. 

I'll also check on your account & your request can I get you to PM me your full name, broadband number, address, & date of birth for the validation of your account? 

Hello Shane,

I'm not allowed to PM due to this restriction. It should be trivial to link a forum account to a paying customer, who then should have no such restrictions - I get that there are restrictions in place for anti-spam purposes, but no spammer is going to subscribe to a 40-a-month 12 month contract to spam the Three forums. Seriously.

Let me know when that's resolved and I'll PM you my details.

Thanks

-X

@Xumtiil Thanks for your PM. I've checked on your account & with the plan you're on it's possible to enable a dynamic IP on your account.

I've checked on the request that was placed on your behalf, it was done correctly but the team has advised it's not possible also to enable the dynamic IP.

... explain it to me like I'm a five year old. It is possible, but it's not possible? 

@Xumtiil Apologies, my first message should read as 'I've checked on your account & with the plan you're on it's not possible to enable a dynamic IP on your account.' 

And why not? I have a 3 Broadband Unlimited plan. This is stated, several times, as being compatible with getting a public IP. And please don't give me the "It's a 3 Broadband Unlimited 5G" plan, because there is no "3 Broadband Unlimited" plan. Only "3 Broadband Unlimited 4G" and "3 Broadband Unlimited 5G".

This is very basic functionality and the fact that there is such a hassle to get this sorted is making me reconsider staying with Three.

Enabling such an IP on broadband accounts is no easy task, as there is a finite number of Public IP addresses globally. We can enable the ability for certain broadband accounts to "search and use" any available dynamic Public IP address. Prior to the release of the 3 Broadband Unlimited 5G, there was only the 3 Unlimited Broadband. Once 5G was introduced the 3 Unlimited Broadband was renamed to include 4G in the name. When you see any of our previous posts mention enabling a Public IP for 3 Unlimited Broadband it's for the 4G version. 

I understand that this is not the outcome you were expecting but your plan is not compatible, that's the only reason why the Public IP is not available to you. 

Hello. I try to write to you in my personal but I get an error
Access Denied
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
Click your browser's Back button to continue.

How can I check if I can get a dynamic ip?