Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Public IP

SOLVED
Rabie
Investigator

Public IP

The question has been asked a number of times and has been open at least a year (possibly more) based on the timestamps of other users.

When will Three allow users who request it, to obtain a non-RFC1918 IP address (ie a public address)?

Please do not link back to this post which is now 6 months old and out of date:

https://community.three.ie/t5/Announcements/Dynamic-Public-IP/td-p/769020

It just states you are aware and working on it, but no updates or feedback.

What is the current status, by when will it be provided? And please update the post.

113 REPLIES 113

Hello, could I request a public IP address for the phone number registered to my account? Please PM if you need more info etc.

Thanks,

Ian

@Ian_13300 Hi there & welcome to the 3Community. To add a dynamic public IP address your plan has to be listed as one of the following:

3 Broadband Unlimited
3 Prepay Broadband
3Business Broadband Advanced
3Business Broadband Express
3Business MBB Ultimate
3 Unlimited Broadband SIM Only

If your plan is listed as any of the above can you PM me your number along with your full name, address, & date of birth for the validation of your account? 

As you're new to the Community you'll need to increase your rank to send PMs. You can increase your rank by commenting on posts, creating new posts, kudos or liking comments. Once you rank up you'll get a message to notify you & you'll need to log out & back into the Community & you'll be able to PM us directly.

Charles_03134
Investigator

Hi,  I want to request public IP for my three sim for remote access, please let me know if you can enable this service. Thanks

Hi @Charles_03134 👋 I moved your post to this board as this thread is similar to your query 👍A dynamic Public IP is only available on the below broadband plan, is your plan listed below?  If you're not sure what plan you are on you can find this on your My3 account for details on where to find it please check out our blog All About My3 and Bill Pay

3 Broadband Unlimited
3 Prepay Broadband
3Business MBB Ultimate

Great job for your hard work, but someone should lose job because of this PM nonsense. It is complete BS and waste of users time.

kevin_51334
Investigator

Hi,

I need a public IP address to be able to open a few ports.

I have 3 prepay unlimited hero plan and I am using 5G.

@kevin_51334 I've moved your post and added it to this board as this thread is similar to your query 😊

A dynamic Public IP is only available on broadband plans, to see which broadband plans it is available on please click here

Hey I seem to not be able to send any PMs. I'm on 3Broadband Unlimited 5G Gold. Does that qualify for the dynamic public ip? could really use it. Thanks.

Hi @Bruno_07153 thanks for reaching out to us here on 3Community. I see you said you're on the 3Broadband Unlimited 5G Gold plan. Dynamic public IP is only available on the below plans:

3 Broadband Unlimited
3 Prepay Broadband
3Business MBB Ultimate

Hello,

I've put in a request for a public IP through the support chat several weeks ago. First they came back and told me a static IP wasn't possible (which is not what I asked). Now they're looking into getting me set up with a public (dynamic) IP, but it's taking quite a long time. Can you check if the request was put through properly?

Thanks.