Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

SMS isn't working

SOLVED
Max_Vianna
Investigator

SMS isn't working

I was a Vodafone customer. Everything was fine. I was receiving SMS normally. It happens I switched to Three last week and I'm not receiving SMS like before.

Now that I've switched from Vodafone to Three I just can receive SMS from some websites. For exemple, SMS from Wise or Revenue used to work perfectly. But now they don't. I can receive SMS from my friends, though.

The thing is: since I move my number to Three I cannot receive the most important SMS anymore.

I took my iPhone13 to a Three store and the staff couldn't find any problem. I also called 1913, talked to the team, but they never comeback with any helpful solution.

What should I do? I'm starting to really regret switching from Vodafone to Three.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Best Answer

@Max_Vianna @MrBadgeroo Hi both, good news our technical team has worked with Vodafone to get a fix in place. We're seeing verification SMS now being successfully delivered. Just to confirm with both of you have you been able to receive them? Let me know how you both get on.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @Max_Vianna I'd be happy to take a look at this for you. 

when you contacted customer care about this did they open an investigation maybe give you a reference number?

I'll need to review your account so please PM me with your name, number, full address and date of birth. I'll also need you to confirm when was the last attempt you made to get one of these sms's and who was that from (Wise or Revenue) this info will help me start an investigation if it hasn't already been done.

Leanne_23180
Investigator

I’m having the exact same problem since switching from Vodafone to 3….i’m not receiving any verification codes from websites and messages arent coming through like before. I am getting messages from friends but nothing from aib, revolut, my. Gov even aldi aren’t coming through. I also starting to wish i never switched.

I have been to the store where i bought my phone, i have contacted 3 online and by phone and everyone keeps saying its fine and nothing ever done.

Leanne, I did the same. I went in the store where I bought my cellphone and they've told me they can't do anything because this is a problem with those other companies.

This is completely insane and disrespectful with our intellect. The true is: they simply don't care at all.

As I can't see other solution, I'm taking legal action right now.

Agree people pushing the issue on to others so they dont have to deal with it… I am going back to the store tomorrow and giving them one more chance but I will be forced to take further action also if its not resolved. 

@Max_Vianna @Leanne_23180 Hi both, our technical team are aware that some customer that recently moved to Three have been unable to receive verification SMS. Our technical have made a routing change, can I ask both of you to power off & on your phones & then try to request a verification code? 

If you still don't receive the code pop back to me here & I'll let our team know.

Hi,

No still not receiving anything. 

@Leanne_23180 Can I get you to PM me your number, full name, address, & date of birth to validation your account? I'll send your details along to our technical team. 

I have been in contact with 3 everyday this week. My details have already been passed on to the tech team  numerous times and the answer I received was that it wasn’t a 3 problem it was with the the accounts i have been trying to access and thats not the case.

All 3 has done over the last week  and a half is shift the blame to others. I’m being charged for calls trying to fix an issue thats on your side and its just not good enough. I have had issues with 3 from the day I set up the phone and I want this sorted today.

I tried to turn off, wait for 10 minutes and turn on again. It didn’t help.

I wish to know how can I cancel contract with Three, because I think you guys won’t help.