Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Unable to ring/text competition line

AFB22

Unable to ring/text competition line

Hello, 

For the past 2-3 months I have been unable to use RTE's competition/voting line that I had no problem using before (1517). If I call the number, it puts me straight through to the 3 SUPPORT LINE. Texts are returned with the message 'can't send message'. One of your colleagues checked before and informed me that there was no block on my account. It is just strange that the number goes straight to 3. 

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

AFB

33 REPLIES 33
LauraH
3 Mod Retired

@AFB22 That's a strange one! I'd love to look into this further for you and to do that I'll need access to your account. I may also need to pass your details to our tech team if that's ok with you? Pop me a PM with your phone number, full name, address and date of birth along with some recent examples of calls and texts that failed to get the ball rolling 👌

Siobhan1
Investigator

For the last 2/3 months I’ve been unable to text or phone competition lines. I get a reply saying unable to deliver to recipient. I’ve contacted 3 care & they advised there are no bars on my account. Any help appreciated, thanks!

@Siobhan1 I've moved your post over to this thread as @AFB22 has reported similar. Can you pop me a PM also with the details I've mentioned above? 😊

Hello!

I have been experiencing a similar problem. I am trying to enter the Cash machine text competition (57599).

When I send the entry message I get notified about the additional charge which I have accepted. I am meant to receive an instant notification response to confirm my entry however I have not received this & not billed for entering on my recent bill. It seems that it is being blocked somewhere. I have checked my preferences on my phone and all necessary permissions are allowed there. I have made sure I am sending the correct entry message to the correct number for the competition so it seems I am being blocked on the 3 network side? Can you help?

Daniel.

Hi Daniel, thanks for the details! Try deleting the current message thread you have with that number and also delete the number from your phone if you have it saved. Afterwards, send another message to the same number 57599. If the error persists, drop me a PM with your full name, mobile number, address and date of birth as I can link in with our tech team to check this further for you if needed. 

I am having the same problem, can you look into this for me?

@Ciaran213 I'll be happy to look into this for you😊 to do this I'm going to need access to your account so pop me a PM with your details (name, number, full address & date of birth), I may also need to pass your details to our tech team is this ok?

I was having the same problem and this worked for me. Thanks 

@Add_10604 Happy to hear that deleting the message thread worked for you 

@Ciaran2013 and @Daniel_09963 , have you tried this in time for this week?