Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Unable to ring/text competition line

AFB22

Unable to ring/text competition line

Hello, 

For the past 2-3 months I have been unable to use RTE's competition/voting line that I had no problem using before (1517). If I call the number, it puts me straight through to the 3 SUPPORT LINE. Texts are returned with the message 'can't send message'. One of your colleagues checked before and informed me that there was no block on my account. It is just strange that the number goes straight to 3. 

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

AFB

33 REPLIES 33

Hi,
I can't text into radio stations e.g cash machine competition (57557). Texts won't send and I get an error message. It's never worked for me.

@PC_454 Can I get you to PM me your number along with your full name, address, & date of birth for the validation of your account? I'll check on your account & then help get this sorted for you. 

As you're new to the Community you'll need to increase your rank to send PMs. You can increase your rank by commenting on posts, creating new posts, & kudos/liking comments. Once you rank up you'll get a message to notify you & you'll need to log out & back into the Community & you'll be able to PM us directly.

Hi I cant enter competitions or send msm photos etc on messages. Can u help please?

Hi @Add_93100 welcome to 3Community. Would love to help you with this. I just need a little more info. What make and model phone are you using? Have you ever been able to send MMS? Are you trying to send pictures via standard text or through an app like Whatsapp?

Samsung J6

Get Outlook for Android<>
Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

@Add_93100 thanks for this. Have you ever been able to send MMS? How are you trying to send them?

Please let me know do you get an error when you try to enter into competitions, if you do please let me know what it is. Are you entering by sending a text to a 5-digit number?

Sarah_55358
Novice

I am having the same problem - I'm trying to enter the today fm cash machine competition and it says unable to send message - I've tried deleting message thread, saving no, deleting contact and permissions look okay - please help.

I've tried to pm on this forum but can't, is there a help chat facility.

Regards

Sarah

Hi @Sarah_55358 👋 You'll need to increase your rank to send PMs. You can increase your rank by commenting on posts, creating new posts, & kudos/liking comments. Once you rank up you'll get a message to notify you & you'll need to log out & back into the Community & you'll be able to PM us directly with your name, number, full address and date of birth.

Other wise we do have a messaging team you can contact them by clicking here.

Grace_92637
Novice

I have the same problem! it is ridiculous. I just topped up an extra 20€ and still when I text 57117 it won’t work as “balance is low” please fix this promptly 3. 

Hi @Grace_92637 and welcome to 3Community 👋

I'd love to have a look into this for you I just need a little info from you first. Do you have credit available? You can check this through your My3 account if you're not sure how to do this have a look at our blog All About: My3 and Prepay

Texting 57117 is chargeable so you'll need to have a balance to do this. Meaning if you are on 3 Prepay 20 and you topped up by €20 this activates your plan. Which costs the full €20. Meaning you'll need to top up by an amount less than €20 so that you'll have the balance needed.