Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

Guilty Pleasure

Three_Deborah
3 Mod Retired

Guilty Pleasure

Guilty Pleasure

2020 has been an extremely different type of year. Our online presence has increased for communication, online learning and of course online shopping plus much much more. And our 3broadband 750 GB cap has been removed to go hand in hand with this too 💪 The way we communicate is changing, there is no doubt about that. The use of memes, gifs and emojis is a regular occurrence. What about the spoken and written word?

Never in a month of Sundays; this is an idiom/expression I heard when I was quite young and really didn’t understand how a month could contain just Sundays. Thankfully, it was explained as being “ unlikely or never going to happen”, so the confusion didn’t last long. Now that I’m all grown up, I’m confident with my knowledge of English. Except for the phrase “guilty pleasure”.

What does guilty pleasure mean, really? Isn’t pleasure a nice thing, why would you be guilty? After some extensive research, 3moderators 👉 Meet the mods , came back with what guilty pleasures exist in their lives. Have you heard any of the following?

• My guilty pleasure is watching the Late Late Show ( can’t wait for the Toy Show, roll on 27th)
  • Got to admit that new song by (name withheld) is a guilty pleasure of mine
  • Food, glorious food, especially Tuesday Take-Away with my Just Eat discount 
  • Love makeup tutorials on YouTube, to be honest, it’s my only guilty pleasure
  • Every month I buy a random app. It's a guilty pleasure I guess. 
  • I eat a full bar of chocolate, don’t judge, it’s my only guilty pleasure per day
  • I spent hours scrolling through memes, I know it’s a guilty pleasure, but I get a giggle

I’ll stop as the list could end up being endless. Why oh why do you feel guilty? Yeah so, I got a family pack of sweet chilli flavoured crisps. Why; because I love the taste. It’s a pleasure for me. No guilt at all, I ate them all, I refused to share. Still no guilt. That was up to the point where my stomach decided it was guilty and had enough. Sweet chilli crisps although tasty and lovely make me feel bad. I’ve found my guilty pleasure. What’s yours?

Tagging @billbond4 @Donegal-3 @EoinOB @RainbowRuth @dakaryellow 

8 REPLIES 8
Donegal-3
Connector

I am the queen of Guilty Pleasures !!!!!!!!!

Online shopping
Binge watching NetFlix
Only naming two to start with ......🙈
Donegal-3
Connector

Also watching my Robot Hoover 🤣🤩

@Donegal-3 I'm not entirely sure if online shopping is a guilty pleasure hahahhahaha @LauraH truly believes it's essential. Now the robot hoover ..... tell us more 😉 

billbond4
Leader

I love watching Scandi Dramas on All4, there is never a happy ending and everyone is always miserable.

But I guess that makes me happy

And eating a packet of cream crackers in one sitting

Depends on what you buy @LauraH 😂 The robot Hoover is essential hit the on button off it goes hovers the whole house without a complaint So good bought 2 🤣🤣🤣 now I have my own cleaning team 😊

@Donegal-3 @Three_Deborah Guess who'll be shopping for robot Hoovers this evening? 😃

Did I mention they mop too 🤗

@Donegal-3 Sign me up and take my money 😂