Great Phone Offers With All You Can Eat Data | Three.ie
3Community Menu

How to: Set Up Your New Three Phone

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Three_Stacey_1-1655810195799.png

If you have just bought a new phone, you will no doubt want to get it up and running as soon as possible! However, there may be a few things that you are unsure of – for example, how to move your number to Three or set up your voicemail.

Here at Three, we have created a handy cheat sheet to point you in the right direction, so you can quickly find the answers to all of your questions!

The information below is for new Three customers. If you are an existing customer with a new phone or new plan, check out our new phone blog.

Moving your Number to Three (Porting) 

Please note that moving your number to Three may take up to 24 hours to process.  

Activating your SIM

Setting up a My3 Account

All About My3 and Bill Pay

All About My3 and Prepay

Setting up Three+

Three+ FAQs

Setting up Voicemail

Purchasing Phone Insurance

How to Top-up

General Handset Support

Have a question? Let us know on the 3Community or private message our Community Moderators, who are always happy to help!

6 Comments
Mike_13088

WHat do i have to do to get this enabled - been waiting for 2 years for it and have terrible phone reception where i live

Mike_13088_0-1679992061005.jpeg

Three_Shane1
3 Mod Retired

@Mike_13088 Hi Mike, we've had some other members of the 3Community also having trouble activating WiFi Calling today. Can I first get you to ensure your iOS version is up to date at 16.4? If it is up to date, have you confirmed that the WiFi calling add-on is active on your account?

If you're unsure if the add-on is active can I get you to PM me your number, full name, address, & date of birth for the validation of your account?

Johanna4

Hi there,

sorry if this is the wrong thread...

I've been using my Three SIM card for two months now, as a second SIM in my phone for unlimited data.

Somehow though I am not able to send any text messages from that SIM card and I can't figure out why. Not sure, if that is revenant but when I go into 'settings' and 'SIM manager', for the Three SIM card it only says 'unknown number'.

What can I do to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

Hi @Johanna4 👋 welcome to 3Community.

I'd love to help you with this, I just need a little more info to decide on what steps we need to take. Please let me know what make and model phone you are using and do you get an error when you try to send the text?

Johanna4

Thank you so much. I've used the chat option and the issue is solved now.

Three_Stacey
3 Community Admin

That's great to hear @Johanna4 , I'm glad everything is sorted 😊